i7-4790K
Graphics
2 x R9 280X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
I'm trying to upgrade from 10.14.2 to 10.14.3 and no matter what I do, I cannot get an upgrade to work. Depending on which type of upgrade I use I get a different problem, though none seem to work.

I'm definitely on 10.14.2

and definitely using APFS

I've tried using the 10.14.3 supplement and get this error message

No idea why.

I have tried the 2.51GB Combo updater.

That asks me to reboot, I do that, select the right partition to carry on and then I seem to get two progress bars and then it starts up with 10.14.2

I then downloaded the 1.99GB 10.14.3 Updater, that does the same thing, reboots, doesn't install and leaves me with 10.14.2.

I can see that just about everybody else has had zero issues with 10.14.3 but I cannot work out what is wrong. Google doesn't give me much help, people have commented on the build version currently installed, but I have no other issues with it.

Any suggestions whatsoever welcomed. This should be simple by now for me, been doing this for 6-7 years :)

Rob

Last edited:
Any suggestions whatsoever welcomed
There were some posts about similar problems using the combo update but were ok updating through the App Store, what happens when you try Software Update ?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have already done that before, but forgot to log it but it's the same problem.

I click on the Software Update from System Preference. It tells me I have to restart BUT it doesn't seem to actually download anything as it's too quick to restart. I have Gigabit Ethernet and it still takes a minute or two to download 900MB.

It restarts, I select the OS Mojave partition in Clover, I get a progress line, it goes black, OS X starts and I get back 10.14.2.

This is bizarre. I don't see any errors, I just never get 10.14.3 installed :)

Checked the Console and nothing.

I must have done this 10-15 times today already and can't see anything that would cause this. It's a relatively fresh Mojave install (mid Jan) as my last disk went pop.

Is this a Clover issue? I'm running r4586 looking at the PKG file in Downloads?

No one mentioned doing a Clover install, though believe there is a new version.
Rob

It restarts, I select the OS Mojave partition in Clover, I get a progress line, it goes black, OS X starts and I get back 10.14.2.
You are rebooting the "install macOS from..." partition instead of the actual Mojave partition, right? Because you need to do that until this temporary installation partition disappears and you're only left with the then-updated Mojave partition.

Whoops... I tried booting from the "Install macOS from ...." and it failed the very first time. I just assumed that it didn't work. I am now hitting my head on the table in embarrassment and as punishment. Stupid, stupid, stupid mistake on my part.

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back