Motherboard
HP 250 G5 (81EF) Clover UEFI
CPU
i3 5005u
Graphics
HD 5500 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there. I have 10.14.1 installed on an external HDD and I downloaded the 10.14.2 update. However, it just hangs here when I restart to install it. Then I reboot and select my 10.14.1 partition and it boots like normal. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20181207_201418.jpg
    IMG_20181207_201418.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 63
Hi there. I have 10.14.1 installed on an external HDD and I downloaded the 10.14.2 update. However, it just hangs here when I restart to install it. Then I reboot and select my 10.14.1 partition and it boots like normal. Any help is appreciated.
drivers64UEFI folder

remove apfs.efi as you already have ApfsDriverLoader-64 installed best check the laptop guide for what files should be in that folder:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

also you have OsxFatBinaryDrv-64 and AptioMemoryFix-64 use only 1 at a time

ACPIBatteryManager.kext is not an essential kex, remove from clover/kexts/other

also missing lilu and whatevergreen kext in there, you may want to have them in there

also your config.plist could be updated to the new version for mojave check the guide linked above

may also be worth trying out Rehabman's version of Clover as well

SSDT is probably not need as you can use PluginType

drivers64UEFI folder

remove apfs.efi as you already have ApfsDriverLoader-64 installed best check the laptop guide for what files should be in that folder:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

also you have OsxFatBinaryDrv-64 and AptioMemoryFix-64 use only 1 at a time

ACPIBatteryManager.kext is not an essential kex, remove from clover/kexts/other

also missing lilu and whatevergreen kext in there, you may want to have them in there

also your config.plist could be updated to the new version for mojave check the guide linked above

may also be worth trying out Rehabman's version of Clover as well

SSDT is probably not need as you can use PluginType
Did the changes you suggested but I still get stuck at the same point. I'm already running RehabMan's Clover 4701.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 45
Did the changes you suggested but I still get stuck at the same point. I'm already running RehabMan's Clover 4701.
misc/preboot shows Starting Clover revision: 4220 on INSYDE Corp. EFI

also try updating your config,plist as mentioned

misc/preboot shows Starting Clover revision: 4220 on INSYDE Corp. EFI

also try updating your config,plist as mentioned
The preboot.log dump is from October 1st 2017. I can clearly see 4701 when Clover starts up. What do you mean by updating the config.plist? Is anything wrong with it?

The preboot.log dump is from October 1st 2017. I can clearly see 4701 when Clover starts up. What do you mean by updating the config.plist? Is anything wrong with it?
new config.plist for mojave if you follow the laptop guide

(also you should have pressed f2 and f4 before updating new files)

new config.plist for mojave if you follow the laptop guide

(also you should have pressed f2 and f4 before updating new files)
Nothing different. Still hangs there...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20181207_222959.jpg
    IMG_20181207_222959.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 50
Nothing different. Still hangs there...

You're doing an update? Or something else?
I ask because your misc/preboot.log shows no updater/installer entry detected.

You're doing an update? Or something else?
I ask because your misc/preboot.log shows no updater/installer entry detected.
Yes. In the Clover main screen I have an entry called "Boot macOS Install from Mojave". I'm assuming that's where I need to boot from to install the update, right? This entry became available once I chose to restart after downloading the update in Sys Prefs - Software Update. I'm gonna try the dmg file from Apple's website...

Yes. In the Clover main screen I have an entry called "Boot macOS Install from Mojave"

I don't see that in your misc/preboot.log. Perhaps you forgot to press F2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back