Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hiya

I have been trying to update from 10.14 to 10.14.3 for a while now but without any luck.
I even downloaded the combo and installed directly. It just installs, reboots and loads directly into 10.14 all over again.

How can investigate what is happening?

Thanks!

I have been trying to update from 10.14 to 10.14.3 for a while now but without any luck.
I even downloaded the combo and installed directly. It just installs, reboots and loads directly into 10.14 all over again.
You are rebooting the "install macOS from..." partition instead of the actual Mojave partition, right? Because you need to do that until this temporary installation partition disappears and you're only left with the then-updated Mojave partition.

I wish that this was the case. When I boot the machine I get clover with 5 options to choose from:

1. Boot Filevault Prebooter from Preboot
  2. Boot macOS install Prebooter from Preboot
  3. Boot macOS Install from Mojave
  4. Boot macOS from Mojave
  5. Boor Recovery from Recovery

Since the update to Mojave choosing option 1 (Boot Filevault Prebooter from Preboot) is the only option for me to get the login screen.
All the other options lead to the progress bar with the Apple logo (the one after boot) suggesting that the system is loading but even when it gets to a full bar (which takes 30 min) it stays like that.

I hope this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back