CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have successfully installed High Sierra.
However, it can only boot from using the installation USB.
When boot from the disk, it takes a very long time to boot. Finally it still boot into the OS.
I observed that it may take more than 5 minutes to boot into the OS.
Anyone encounter similar problems and any solution.

I want to update my Clover, right now is using 4089. I have installed the new clover 4097 several time. Though it says the installation is successful, when reboot, the Clover is still the old version.
Any reason of this.

I am using the new file system.

With APFS Clover installs in root . You should manually move the files to the ESP.

I find the file system is so strange to me. It looks like there are 2 disk instead of 1.
I try copying the EFI partition but fail to update the Clover. The version remains the same.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 7.22.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 7.22.10 AM.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 200
Also, the multibeast install cannot recognise the new High Sierra disk.
Looks like we have long way to go before a stable and smooth system.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. I will try this on my home computer after work and see if this works.
Will the 2 disk issue makes my boot up time so long.
When I boot with installation USB, it runs fast. When boot directly from high Sierra disk, it can take more than 5 minutes.

I found that weird 2 disk thing as well.
The best way I found was to install High Sierra on an HFS formatted disk, run it, then format the final installation disk to apfs from within HS. Then make the EFI and copy your stuff over to it, then clone the HS install to the apfs disk.

The only way I could remove the 2 disk thing was to format the drive to HFS (from Sierra) - diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ Emptied /dev/disk'x' via terminal then format it again in apfs from a high sierra install.

BTW, how can I clone the HS to the apfs disk. In the past, I use SuperDuper to clone system. The SuperDuper do not support the new file system yet. Using Disk Utility doesn't work either. Can you show me the way to clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back