Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z.1 Sniper Z97/ ASUS UX501 H170
CPU
[email protected]/ 6700HQ
Graphics
HD4600/HD530
10.12.2 OS VER

It's my first time around here trying to Hackintosh my ASUS laptop. I tried Googling and looking through threads searching for help. managed to fix lots of things with my laptop but there's this one thing that is still bothering me for hours and is refusing to be fixed..

I am using a Zenbook Pro UX501VW which does not have an ethernet port. currently, I am connecting to the internet using a USB WIFI adapter. the thing is, I need an active ethernet interface to be able to log into the app store and other services, I have tried following multiple tutorials on NullEthernet which I executed precisely as described but none seemed to be able to add the fake ethernet interface.

I am wondering if anyone has succeeded lately with adding fake ethernet interface to a device without a built-in Ethernet card? and if so which version of the OS did it work on and is there any other way I could do this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Moved to Laptop Support

10.12.2 OS VER

It's my first time around here trying to Hackintosh my ASUS laptop. I tried Googling and looking through threads searching for help. managed to fix lots of things with my laptop but there's this one thing that is still bothering me for hours and is refusing to be fixed..

I am using a Zenbook Pro UX501VW which does not have an ethernet port. currently, I am connecting to the internet using a USB WIFI adapter. the thing is, I need an active ethernet interface to be able to log into the app store and other services, I have tried following multiple tutorials on NullEthernet which I executed precisely as described but none seemed to be able to add the fake ethernet interface.

I am wondering if anyone has succeeded lately with adding fake ethernet interface to a device without a built-in Ethernet card? and if so which version of the OS did it work on and is there any other way I could do this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back