ga-z170x-ud3
CPU
intel i7 6700k
Graphics
geforce gtx 1050 ti
Hello,
thanks to the community, I set up a perfectly stable machine,

I have only one little issue:
whenever I let an SD card reader plugged (https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01ANDA8GE/?tag=tonymacx8607-21) the computer cannot shutdown (it'll restart automatically)

The power button is not easily accessible, so I set up the BIOS so that it restarts when the mouse or keyboard is used. But it seems like the card reader also acts that way and commands the machine to restart. As the USB port are poorly accessible as well from my desk, I'd like to leave the card reader always plugged...

can someone help me with that issue?
thanks a lot!
intel i7 6700K
ga-z170-ud3
geforce gtx 1050ti

Last edited:
Hello,
thanks to the community, I set up a perfectly stable machine,

I have only one little issue:
whenever I let an SD card reader plugged (https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01ANDA8GE/?tag=tonymacx8607-21) the computer cannot shutdown (it'll restart automatically)

The power button is not easily accessible, so I set up the BIOS so that it restarts when the mouse or keyboard is used. But it seems like the card reader also acts that way and commands the machine to restart. As the USB port are poorly accessible as well from my desk, I'd like to leave the card reader always plugged...

can someone help me with that issue?
thanks a lot!
intel i7 6700K
ga-z170-ud3
geforce gtx 1050ti

Does this only happen when restarting from OSX?

It may be a hardware issue, if you have a Windows/Linux install, try restarting from those OSs.

Does this only happen when restarting from OSX?

It may be a hardware issue, if you have a Windows/Linux install, try restarting from those OSs.

Shutdown problems are caused by USB or Powermanagement. Have you implemented USB Patches & Native Powermanagement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back