Contribute
Register

Cannot select OS X Mavericks when booting Unibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacBookPro14,2
CPU
Intel i5-7267U @ 3.10 GHz
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I don't know how to explain this to you guys but I'll try my best.

So I just created my OS X Mavericks bootable usb with Unibeast 5.2.0 (This is the latest supported for Mavericks) and when I insert the USB into my system where I want to install Hackintosh on and I select the boot drive, (selected USB) I click enter on Mavericks (next to Windows and Windows Recovery) and I get a black screen. After about 3 seconds it jumps back to the select screen (With Mavericks, Windows and Windows Recovery) and when I try again it does the same thing over and over again.
My motherboard doesn't have a lot of options because its and old PC which I want to install the OS on.
What I did notice is a little white bar at the top left corner before it jumps back to the select screen. Maybe this says an error but its gone too fast to read what it says.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

unnamed.jpg
^ The screen where I need to select the OS. ^

Edit: I just found out the text says: Mach-0 file has bad magic number.

Last edited:
Download Mavericks install app from the MAS again and remake your USB installer.

Please follow the rules and enter your hardware into your profile and/or create a sig.
I cannot diagnose problems with no information and my crystal ball is broken so I am unable to see what you have.

Please follow the rules and enter your hardware into your profile and/or create a sig.
I cannot diagnose problems with no information and my crystal ball is broken so I am unable to see what you have.
I would want to add my hardware information but this is not my primary pc. Anyways, here are the specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium T2060
GPU: Geforce 7500LE
HDD: 250 gb hard drive 7200 RPM
RAM: 2x 533 mhz DDR2
Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR (Calcite)

PC itself: HP Pavilion s7730 (Only sold in The Netherlands)

I hope this helped.

CPU: Intel Pentium T2060 - not supported in any version of Mac OS. You might be able to get 10.6 to install with this CPU
GPU: Geforce 7500LE - not supported in Mac OS X after 10.6.4
HDD: 250 gb hard drive 7200 RPM - if this is not a SATA drive then Mac OS X will not install on it.

Given the age of the PC I would not expect much from it, but good luck with it. I wold get the SL 10.6.3 DVD and try with iBoot Legacy.

CPU: Intel Pentium T2060 - not supported in any version of Mac OS. You might be able to get 10.6 to install with this CPU
GPU: Geforce 7500LE - not supported in Mac OS X after 10.6.4
HDD: 250 gb hard drive 7200 RPM - if this is not a SATA drive then Mac OS X will not install on it.

Given the age of the PC I would not expect much from it, but good luck with it. I wold get the SL 10.6.3 DVD and try with iBoot Legacy.
Okay thank you.
The hdd is a sata drive so that is fine but I did some research and I guess I couldn’t install OS X because the CPU is a 32bit cpu.

Anyways I’ll try with SL if I can get an install disk somewhere. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back