Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I am attempting to split my system drive (OSX and apps) from my Home folder drive. Everything is currently on a Samsung Evo 860 SATA SSD. So I've installed a nice new Evo 970 M.2 card and successfully cloned the system drive to it. The plan is to format the Evo 860 then follow Thaigyver's guide as per CaseySJ's recommendation to move the home folder back onto the Evo 860.
I can startup and boot to this new cloned Evo 970 when I select it from the clover screen, however, I cannot select the drive in my BIOS as "boot option #1" so that is boots automatically from this new drive every time. Only two drives show up as selectable in the BIOS, which are my two older drives.

You have to move your EFI manually to your new M.2. Otherwise there is no bootloader on this drive and you can not select it as bootdrive in your BIOS.

I had the same problem, what work for me is mount efi partition open config.plist in Clover, click on Boot and select your M.2 macos partition Name under Default Boot Volume, If it's not in the list, type its name over whatever is there in the list. (Not very intuitive for sure!)Write the exact name you named your M.2 Drive partition where MACOS is installed. Mine is still Called Lion, Most still call them MacintoshHD ?). :) You can also set a delay there for clover boot time, so you have enough time to select another drive. 5 sec is what I use. save the config/ reboot. Problem solved for me.

Thanks! I actually found this information elsewhere, but it was the exact same advice, and it worked a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back