GA-Z370P-D3
CPU
Intel i5 8600K
Graphics
EVGA GTX980 SC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey.

I haven't been able to install macOS on this build yet. And it's been a while since I have last done a hackintosh build. So I really need some help with this one.

I haven't been able to reach the installer once with this motherboard and CPU. I keep getting stuck at "End RandomSeed ++++++++++"

Then the PC just reboots. I have tried different bootflags. I have tried r4509 and r4522 versions of clover. I have tried USB 2.0. I have even tried booting with a memory sticks at A1 and B1 positions and with only one memory stick. Because I read that was a fix for coupe of people.

At BIOS settings. I have selected UEFI boot only. Serial port and VT-d disabled. XCHI handoff enabled. SATA set to ACHI. Fastboot disabled. Etc...

I have only one SSD connected for the installation progress.

Build Specs:
GA-Z370P-D3
Intel Core i5 8600K
EVGA GTX980sc

So.. I really don't have any clue what might be the cause why I can't get past that "End RandomSeed"

Any help is much Appreciated. Thank you beforehand.

Attachments

• IMG_20180630_140643.jpg
    IMG_20180630_140643.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Are you using AptioMemoryfix?

Are you using AptioMemoryfix?

I have tried both OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. neither one of these seemed to work. Then tonymacx86 released a clover version with the aptioMemoryFix. No luck

I have also tried making a SATA drive as my installer location. It doesn't matter if I'm using USB 3.0, 2.0 or SATA to boot from. It's always the same End RandomSeed ++++++ what I get in the end. I cannot get past that and starting to be out of ideas what can possibly cause this. :(

I have tried both OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. neither one of these seemed to work. Then tonymacx86 released a clover version with the aptioMemoryFix. No luck

I have also tried making a SATA drive as my installer location. It doesn't matter if I'm using USB 3.0, 2.0 or SATA to boot from. It's always the same End RandomSeed ++++++ what I get in the end. I cannot get past that and starting to be out of ideas what can possibly cause this. :(
for installation is better use igpu, on clover/kext/other put fake smc, lilu and add this bootflag -lilubetaall

Dang bro. This sounds hard. Tell me exactly what you did to try booting from a sata drive.

Interesting.. I gave up on this after couple days of troubleshooting, without any luck.

Today I tried again, making the USB, I didn't change any BIOS settings from before, but this time. I was just simply able to boot straight to the installer, no boot-flags or anything, just installed.. then installed multibeast, audio works, network works, Nvidia drivers recognised my 21:9 resolution straight away, probably my easiest macOS install ever..

I have no clue what I did differently this time..

EDIT: I am using DP instead of HDMI this time, but I am blown away if that was seriously my problem all this time

Hmmm what if it was a video glitch and installer was actually fine all along?

EDIT: nevermind, that makes sense for my problem, not yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back