Motherboard
Lenovo G50-80
CPU
5200U
Graphics
HD 5500, R5 330M(disabled)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Shown above, I cannot use HDMI display @ 2K. My Graphics Card is HD5500(Mobile). But I am confused if it is the high resolution of the monitor that results in the failure, or HDMI itself is broken.
Problem Reporting file is attached.
BTW...Though this picture depicts the success under Mojave, I think it also applies to High Sierra...I tried Mojave in the past summer holidays...But now I downgraded to High Sierra(17G65)

upload_2018-10-12_0-3-2.png

(HDMI Display used to work @ 1080p)

Attachments

• debug_5751.zip
    3 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Shown above, I cannot use HDMI display @ 2K. My Graphics Card is HD5500(Mobile). But I am confused if it is the high resolution of the monitor that results in the failure, or HDMI itself is broken.
Problem Reporting file is attached.
BTW...Though this picture depicts the success under Mojave, I think it also applies to High Sierra...I tried Mojave in the past summer holidays...But now I downgraded to High Sierra(17G65)

View attachment 356997
(HDMI Display used to work @ 1080p)

You will need to be much more clear on what you're reporting.

The ioreg you attached shows no external monitor connected, and internal screen detected find at 1920x1080 (according to EDID).

You will need to be much more clear on what you're reporting.

The ioreg you attached shows no external monitor connected, and internal screen detected find at 1920x1080 (according to EDID).
When I connect to HDMI external monitor @2K, the external display gives me a black screen with no display at all. But, when I connected to another HDMI monitor @ 1080p, it works with display and audio. I wonder if 2K resolution is beyond the capacity for this graphics card.

When I connect to HDMI external monitor @2K, the external display gives me a black screen with no display at all. But, when I connected to another HDMI monitor @ 1080p, it works with display and audio. I wonder if 2K screen is beyond the capacity for this graphics card.

What do you mean by 2k? What resolution are you actually referring to?

You will need to clarify and provide an ioreg that represents the problem scenario(s).

What do you mean by 2k? What resolution are you actually referring to?

You will need to clarify and provide an ioreg that represents the problem scenario(s).
But there is no external monitor shown in ‘about this Mac-display’ when I try to connect to that 2K HDMI monitor.

But there is no external monitor shown in ‘about this Mac-display’ when I try to connect to that 2K HDMI monitor.

You didn't answer my questions in post #4.
And you didn't attach a new ioreg with the HDMI monitor connected.

You didn't answer my questions in post #4.
And you didn't attach a new ioreg with the HDMI monitor connected.
OK I will upload it later... It is 0am in China...And I mean:1080p yes,2K not(I test on two different monitors and both on them have only HDMI port)And My laptop has a VGA port and a HDMI port. On the 1080p monitor, everything is OK. but on 2K monitor, it doesn’t work, no matter video or audio.

OK I will upload it later... It is 0am in China...And I mean:1080p yes,2K not(I test on two different monitors and both on them have only HDMI port)And My laptop has a VGA port and a HDMI port. On the 1080p monitor, everything is OK. but on 2K monitor, it doesn’t work, no matter video or audio.

You still didn't provide the specific resolution of this '2k' you keep referring to.
Please take the time to answer my questions.

You still didn't provide the specific resolution of this '2k' you keep referring to.
Please take the time to answer my questions.
2560*1440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back