Sapphire Pulse Rx 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
utili 2 week ago, I had a fully working installation of Sierra 10.12.4, with really no kind problems.

I bought a new SSD and I decided to make a clean installation of 10.12.5 trying to implement the new Clover Hotpatch instead of the aggressive DSDT patches follow Rehabman the various guides.

After making all the necessary tips and patches, I'm having a working system except for USB2 ports (my laptop has a JMicron USB3 partially working).

Follow some guide and repeat operations, but nothing... USB2 doesn't work.
The strange thing is that if a simply substitute the new DSDT with the old patched DSDT USB2 keeps to work normally.

I cannot remember or find what I patched in old DSDT that differs from new patched DSDT.
I don't want to use old DSDT because I made some BIOS changes, add the new SSD and implement in CLOVER/config.plist the new hotpatch.

So I ask you an help to make me understand where I'm wrong in the new configuration.

You can find attached all the required file for problem reporting, including my old DSDT where USB2 are working.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
Hi all,
utili 2 week ago, I had a fully working installation of Sierra 10.12.4, with really no kind problems.

I bought a new SSD and I decided to make a clean installation of 10.12.5 trying to implement the new Clover Hotpatch instead of the aggressive DSDT patches follow Rehabman the various guides.

After making all the necessary tips and patches, I'm having a working system except for USB2 ports (my laptop has a JMicron USB3 partially working).

Follow some guide and repeat operations, but nothing... USB2 doesn't work.
The strange thing is that if a simply substitute the new DSDT with the old patched DSDT USB2 keeps to work normally.

I cannot remember or find what I patched in old DSDT that differs from new patched DSDT.
I don't want to use old DSDT because I made some BIOS changes, add the new SSD and implement in CLOVER/config.plist the new hotpatch.

So I ask you an help to make me understand where I'm wrong in the new configuration.

You can find attached all the required file for problem reporting, including my old DSDT where USB2 are working.
Thank you in advance

Set config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwneship=true.
You might need to remove/disable some of the items you have in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes (eg. FixUSB, FixHDA generally not needed, and may actually cause problems, not solve them).

Also: You're not doing "hotpatch". There is a DSDT present in ACPI/patched...

Set config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwneship=true.

Done, but nothing change and USB continue to NOT work :cry:. Have you another tip?

You might need to remove/disable some of the items you have in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes (eg. FixUSB, FixHDA generally not needed, and may actually cause problems, not solve them).

Ok, uncheck FixUSB, FixHDA, FixSBUS

Also: You're not doing "hotpatch". There is a DSDT present in ACPI/patched...

So you mean that to correctly apply hotpatch I had to work with config.plist and SSDT but without DSDT? I have a patched DSDT only for working battery and to map display brightness keys up and down. Can I make these two things without a patched DSDT?

Done, but nothing change and USB continue to NOT work :cry:. Have you another tip?

Ok, uncheck FixUSB, FixHDA, FixSBUS

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

So you mean that to correctly apply hotpatch I had to work with config.plist and SSDT but without DSDT? I have a patched DSDT only for working battery and to map display brightness keys up and down. Can I make these two things without a patched DSDT?

Complete hotpatch means no "patched" files in ACPI/patched....

Exactly what I did in first post. Files attached are there. You suggested me to set config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwneship=true and it's the only thing I did with no success.
I have to attach file every post?

I made other suggestions in post #2.
With every change, you must provide updated "Problem Reporting" files.
I cannot guess about what you're actually doing.

I cannot find any real difference or improved performances in clover hotpatch so I decided to revert back to my good and well patched DSDT. Everything is working really fine now. Using my 10.12.5 installation as daily driver I cannot found any strange behaviour.
Thank you for you support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back