CPU
Intel i7-7700k @5ghz
Graphics
nVidia 1080 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

Using Unibeast to try and install High Sierra on an Asus Strix z270E.

I get a Kernal panic thrown from IONVMeFamily. I've tried all the patched. I only have one NVMe drive installed which is an Intel Optane 16Gb.

Is there a way to disable that kext (or any kext) from loading as part of the installer? Google doesn't seem to know.

Thanks in advance

Mark.

Hi,

Using Unibeast to try and install High Sierra on an Asus Strix z270E.

I get a Kernal panic thrown from IONVMeFamily. I've tried all the patched. I only have one NVMe drive installed which is an Intel Optane 16Gb.

Is there a way to disable that kext (or any kext) from loading as part of the installer? Google doesn't seem to know.

Thanks in advance

Mark.

Spoof with non-standard class-code, but don't provide the matching kext (eg. no HackrNVMeFamily*.kext).
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Thanks. I have a minor problem where i boot into windows off the RAID controller and flip it off for macOS. I'll create a simple install of a single disk to get into windows and get the BIOS location.

And also... Thanks for all your hard work and quality info - I've not done this for a few years and so many of the info I've read to get back up to speed have been written by your good self. Thanks!

Thanks. I have a minor problem where i boot into windows off the RAID controller and flip it off for macOS. I'll create a simple install of a single disk to get into windows and get the BIOS location.

Keep in mind to get the BIOS/ACPI path, you will need to boot Windows with SATA=AHCI.
The location/configuration of the NVMe disk changes dramatically with SATA=RAID (it changes from being NVMe standard, to iRST proprietary).

Keep in mind to get the BIOS/ACPI path, you will need to boot Windows with SATA=AHCI.
The location/configuration of the NVMe disk changes dramatically with SATA=RAID (it changes from being NVMe standard, to iRST proprietary).

Installing windows 10 to a single drive as we speak. Thanks again for your help. I also found a way past this in the BIOS by flipping M.2 to SATA mode - which strangely makes the NVMe drive and one of the RAID drives vanish from the system.

Thanks again for your help.

I also found a way past this in the BIOS by flipping M.2 to SATA mode - which strangely makes the NVMe drive and one of the RAID drives vanish from the system.

Not sure what you mean by M.2 "SATA mode", but if you mean you changed BIOS such that the NVMe drives are attached to the SATA controller (eg. SATA mode = RAID/iRST), then that is expected. There is no macOS/OS X support for NVMe attached to Intel RST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back