Acer Ironman_SK
CPU
i7 6500u
Graphics
intel HD520/Nvidia GT940MX
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!
Yesterday I've installed El Capitan (UEFI) on my new Laptop. Now I want to install Windows 10 PRO in dual boot, i follow these steps:
1) In disk utility I create a partition for windows (I have tried to format both mac os extended and fat)
2) Create My installation device with rufus
3) Insert it in my pc and boot in uefi the installation.
Now, i have the "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only installed on GPT disks." error.
I've tried to change settings in rufus.
I've tried to click on "format" in the partiton selection
How can i solve it? Please help me...

Boot OS X, launch disk utility, delete the Windows partition, extend the OS X partition to include the resulting free space.
This removes the hybrid GPT/MBR partition you created when you formatted it FAT32. Exit DU and reboot.
Launch DU again and this time create a new partition and format it as if for Mac OS. Exit DU. Shut down.
Boot Win10 installer, select GPT+ formatted partition for Win10, delete it. With the resulting free space hi-lited, click continue/install and Win10 installer should take it from there.

Boot OS X, launch disk utility, delete the Windows partition, extend the OS X partition to include the resulting free space.
This removes the hybrid GPT/MBR partition you created when you formatted it FAT32. Exit DU and reboot.
Launch DU again and this time create a new partition and format it as if for Mac OS. Exit DU. Shut down.
Boot Win10 installer, select GPT+ formatted partition for Win10, delete it. With the resulting free space hi-lited, click continue/install and Win10 installer should take it from there.
It worked! But in clover i can't see the windows partition! There is only a "boot legacy windows" but if i click it, it stucks on a white square...

It worked! But in clover i can't see the windows partition! There is only a "boot legacy windows" but if i click it, it stucks on a white square...
Did you make absolutely sure to install Windows UEFI mode by hitting the Function hot key to select a boot device and selecting the UEFI USB Windows installer and not the non UEFI one?
Run msinfo32 and make sure it says BIOS Mode is UEFI.

Did you make absolutely sure to install Windows UEFI mode by hitting the Function hot key to select a boot device and selecting the UEFI USB Windows installer and not the non UEFI one?
Run msinfo32 and make sure it says BIOS Mode is UEFI.
Yes, it is installed in UEFI mode.

Attachments

• Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back