Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Cannot install Security Update 2020-001 (and 002) for Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the combo update (although I don't think it contains the latest security update) but the installer refuses to continue because "macos 10.14.6 update can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update"...
Is it because I'm running a more recent release (than the combo updater)?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-02-07 à 19.05.35.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-02-07 à 19.05.35.png
    554.6 KB · Views: 173
I tried the combo update (although I don't think it contains the latest security update) but the installer refuses to continue because "macos 10.14.6 update can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update"...
Is it because I'm running a more recent release (than the combo updater)?

Hi there.

Just a thought. Did macOS automatically download the Security Update? Take a look in the Drive: Library/Updates folder and see what's there ...

Hi UtterDisbelief, and thanks for your reply.

Yes the Security Update is there. There is also the "macOS Install Data" folder at the root of the drive...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-02-07 à 19.43.40.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-02-07 à 19.43.40.png
    629.1 KB · Views: 402
Hi UtterDisbelief, and thanks for your reply.

Yes the Security Update is there. There is also the "macOS Install Data" folder at the root of the drive...

Okay ...

Open the 061-64339 folder and look inside. If there is a file called something like "SecUpd2020-001Mojave.pkg", try running that on it's own and see if it installs that way :thumbup:

Okay ...

Open the 061-64339 folder and look inside. If there is a file called something like "SecUpd2020-001Mojave.pkg", try running that on it's own and see if it installs that way :thumbup:
OK, will try and report back...

Unbelievable, it worked! o_O
It's weird, because it only took about 3-4 minutes to install... within the OS GUI.

Capture d’écran 2020-02-07 à 19.58.07.png

Capture d’écran 2020-02-07 à 19.59.35.png

Then, after clicking "Redémarrer", it directly restarted.
I choose "Boot macOS Install from..." but it stalled at 90% of the progress bar, doing nothing.
Maybe I just should have chosen "Boot macOS from..."
After 30 minutes I decided to force restart the machine, then...
Capture d’écran 2020-02-08 à 02.39.08.png

Mojave 10.14.6 (18G3020) was installed!
Now, how can I be sure the update has really been fully applied? :crazy:
Sorry, I always doubt... ;)

Last edited:
Unbelievable, it worked! o_O

Er... Thank you ... :lol:

By using this workaround the only relevant thing which hasn't been updated is the Recovery Partition. That is another file to run. However it isn't strictly necessary.

Last edited:
Er... Thank you ... :lol:

LOL, sorry, that's not what I meant ... :lol:

By using this workaround the only relevant thing which hasn't been updated is the Recovery Partition. That is another file to run. However it isn't strictly necessary.

Yes, I tried each of the 6 other packages and only the "...RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg" was installable.
So I'm now confident that the update has really and fully been applied ...
Capture d’écran 2020-02-08 à 19.50.34.png

A big THANKS to you @UtterDisbelief !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back