RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
On my Skylake rig, the update stalls after the first reboot at the very beginning of the process (no disk activity). I left it 1 hour to be sure, but nothing happens and I have to force a reboot.

I have tried to update via SU preference pane, with the standalone installer, by creating a new user... Nothing worked.

I thought it was a bug with the Installer, but I had zero problem updating my Kaby Lake hack.

Any idea what's going on?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Here's a picture of the screen in verbose mode where it stalls at the beginning of the first reboot.
Seems like the updater is "going (back) home"... :confused:

Attachments

• Stall.JPG
    Stall.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 164
@mods: Sorry and thanks for moving my thread to the right place...

Just want to add that I also tried to update with all other physical drives disconnected, but that didn't help.

@mods: Sorry and thanks for moving my thread to the right place...

Just want to add that I also tried to update with all other physical drives disconnected, but that didn't help.

Please post your EFI.

Here it is...
THX

EFI seems okay. You're verbose screen shows it complaining about the file system.

Make sure your Clover, kexts, and ApfsDriverLoader.efi are up to date.

Clover is the latest (5103) release and all kexts are up to date.

ApfsDriverLoader.efi was installed with Clover, so it should also be OK...

Nevertheless, I found a different version (different file size) of ApfsDriverLoader.efi included in Acidanthera's AppleSupportPkg 2.1.5, replaced it and tried to update again, but no joy. :banghead:

What else could I try?

Clover is the latest (5103) release and all kexts are up to date.

ApfsDriverLoader.efi was installed with Clover, so it should also be OK...

Nevertheless, I found a different version (different file size) of ApfsDriverLoader.efi included in Acidanthera's AppleSupportPkg 2.1.5, replaced it and tried to update again, but no joy. :banghead:

What else could I try?

If you look at your logs, you see it's stopping at an error with Pierre SSD. Do you have another SSD to test with?

Do you mean clone my SSD on another one, then try to apply the update on that clone?

The strange thing is that I can boot back on my 10.14.6 (18G2022) system and everything works fine there.
I have reset NVRAM, verified the disk/container/partition with Disk Utility and all seems OK...

Maybe I could try again with the combo update, or better, with the latest 10.14.6 full installer?

Do you mean clone my SSD on another one, then try to apply the update on that clone?

The strange thing is that I can boot back on my 10.14.6 (18G2022) system and everything works fine there.
I have reset NVRAM, verified the disk/container/partition with Disk Utility and all seems OK...

Maybe I could try again with the combo update, or better, with the latest 10.14.6 full installer?

If you have a spare drive laying around, I would try a clean install. If not, yes, try the combo update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back