Contribute
Register

Cannot install on Studio XPS 435MT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone manages to get the sound working, please report here!
I've been trying to modify some HDAudio kexts (in accordance with the DSDT and the soundcard pins output) with no luck... this is just crazy!

I installed Multibeast 5.0.3 on my existing Mountain Lion system last night and everything went smoothly... no "Installation Failed" messages this time.

I managed to get my "An unknown error has occurred" in the AppStore problem solved by installing the AppleIntelE1000e kext. This lets my (dead) built-in Ethernet port be recognized. (I still use my USB Ethernet adapter for networking). After deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting, the built-in port is set to "en0" and my USB adapter is set as "en1". Now I can download apps without issue.

So far no luck with sound though, and sleep does not work.

No sound for me too. What component has changed to make the sound too difficult to enable :( ?

Been reading through this thread (Thanks for all the help) and working on getting my 435MT to work with Mountain Lion. I have a 4350 HD video card.

Used UniBeast to install--had to put AHCI_3rd Party_eSata, AHCI_3rd Party_SATA, IOATAFamily, and Jmicrown36xATA in the Extensions folder under extra to get it to see the hard drives (Had to make folders visible to find the extension folder--used forklift for that) It said the installed failed but it still seemed to work.

After install and using the bootloader from my USB drive. I booted into Mountain Lion. Installed newest version of Chameleon, then put EvOreboot and FakeSMC in the Extra and Extensions Folder. (Had to manually create these folders)

Then I replaced my ATI4600.kext in the S/L/E folder with a modified one that I made where I put the 4350 HD Device ID in.

I installed my network card by using MultiBeast--the AppleIntelE1000. (It said the install failed, but it still worked)

I installed the newest VoodooHDA 2.7.3 to get sound.

I used Kext Wizard to install all the kexts and to always rebuild the caches and permissions.

So far so good--it seems to be all working...Hope this helps

Attachments

• for Unibeast install.zip
    417.2 KB · Views: 181
  • After Install Items.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 212
Hmm... I tried this but I'm still not getting sound to work on my system. I'm starting to wonder if I should start from scratch.

I have had no kernel panics so far--the sound is working fine

I just tried Voodoo HDA 2.7.3 and it works !

There are some issues (no automatic switching when you use the headphones with the front green port, there is a lot of noise, etc), but the principal green rear port is working.

If you have a kernel panic, check that AppleHDA.kext is NOT in /S/L/E. Notice that I had to force restart (with the power button) to boot after installing Voodoo HDA.

P.S : Unfortunately, I tried the Realtek codecs patched for ML at this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67763-ml-optimized-realtek-applehda-preview-alpha.html but it still doesn't work...

I still cannot install this thing to my 435mt.---
i tried different ways.
1) put the install ml into the usb
2) put the 4 kext into the /System/Library/Extensions on the USB, i used KextBeast, the IOATAFamily didn't go initially as there was one already, so I had to delete it first. Checked the permission, all under root:wheel.
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Sep 14 13:40 IOATAFamily.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Sep 12 10:49 AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 4 root wheel 136 Sep 12 10:49 AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Sep 12 10:49 JMicron36xATA.kext
3) i am able to boot into the installer screen, but right there I got an error saying ML cannot complete the purchase. The computer was not compatible, blah blah.... I am able to see the HDD from the disk utility. but i cannot continue...
What did I do wrong....
the HDD is a Hitachi desktstar 250g. pretty old. I had it on the SATA 0 port (the blue one). nothing else. I am using a gForce 440 but I do have the three nvidia text in the directory.

Any ideals??

Hi all,

I managed to get sleep working using https://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/

I always use 0.2.1 VoodooHDA for audio - works perfect for general sound out of the green rear port.

For graphics I only needed to add an extra ID to 4800 controller package's Info.plist
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x94401002 0x944a1002 0x94421002</string>

HTHs,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back