Intel i7-5820K
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, I am able to boot into Yosemite, from an installation I did through Unibeast 5.2.

The flags I use are: npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -x -v
or: npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -x -v
(the nvidia drivers work but take alot of time to load)

I am only able to boot in safe mode, not sure if that has something to do with it.

When I download Clover and try to install (v2.3k_r3280), with the following settings:

* Install for UEFI booting only
* Install Clover in the ESP
- Drivers64UEFI
* EmuVariableUefi-64
* OsxAptioFixDrv-64

On the final installation step if fails:
IMG_4506.jpg

Not sure what to do at this point.

I tried booting without -x but it hangs at this point:
IMG_4504.jpg

Can't you boot to your USB drive? If so you could try running "sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/diskXs1" with "X"being your OSX drive and then run the Clover installer again... Luck with it.

Hey mate,

I have unibeast 5.2 on the USB drive, not clover. I wanted to do a post install of clover, as I could not get it to boot.

Is it possible to boot with unibeast *and* install clover from there, or should I try Unibeast 6 (or maybe try pure clover again - I think it might have been the wrong flags somehow, only -x -v work properly, even from the yosemite partition now installed).

Ahh, you mean just be able to boot from USB and launch the terminal from the tools, right?

Although the partition is already there, I checked with diskutil (it's on /dev/disk0s1 named EFI).

And if that works, I should log back into Yosemite partition and install Clover from there, or am I getting this wrong?

Please bear with me, haven't done this before, totally lost.

Last edited:
Ahh, you mean just be able to boot from USB and launch the terminal from the tools, right?

Although the partition is already there, I checked with diskutil (it's on /dev/disk0s1 named EFI).

And if that works, I should log back into Yosemite partition and install Clover from there, or am I getting this wrong?

Please bear with me, haven't done this before, totally lost.

Whether you boot from USB and open terminal from the installer or boot to desktop and open terminal from there makes no difference. With the USB is easier as the SSD is not mounted by the system yet, so I would use that, SO:
Boot the USB installer, at install screen open terminal
type diskutil list + enter key to confirm SSD disk ID
type command from kduvernay's post above to format the EFI partition FAT32.
Reboot, select OS X SSD to boot to desktop
Install Clover to the SSD. Hopefully this time it will install properly.

I booted from unibeast/usb and executed:

Code:
newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/disk0s1

IMG_4509.jpg

Booted back into Yosemite SSD, but the installer still fails.

Not sure what info can I provide so you guys can help me debug this.

Here's the disk's info from within Yosemite:

IMG_4511.jpg

Try this - mount the EFI partition with EFI Mounter V3 from forum Downloads->Community Software

Mount the EFI partition of your SSD.

Right click on it and select get info. post pic of info screen.

Does it say that the EFI partition is formatted FAT32?

Another thing to check - some drives require a firmware update to be able to use the Mac OS properly. Take a look at the SSD OEM site and check for a Mac OS firmware update. If it has one, then you need to update your firmware as the drive will come factory with Windows firmware default.

It could only be mounted by v2 of the EFI Mounter, v3 gives an error (before I ran the formatting cmd kduvernay I could mount it with v3 also).

Here's the screenshot:
Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 1.06.21 AM.jpg

the diskutil info shows most parts as none, not sure if that is right.

The SSD I'm using is Samsung SSD 850 PRO, which states is Mac ready. I searched for a firmware upgrade, but on most sites it says it is faulty and could lead to the drive becoming bricked.

Your info pick is not showing the correct EFI partition - it is showing a folder of 0Kb size.
Your Finder screen is showing EFI as a folder also - it should show as a drive.
In finder preferences select the show all drives on desktop - if the EFI shows up as a folder instead of a drive then something is definitely wrong here.

I did the a clean installation from the start, same process. Still Clover (Clover_v2.3k_r3292) won't install. And EFI Mounter v3 won't mount.

What else is there to try, I'm totally out of ideas and where to look at for a resolution to this...Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 10.04.01 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back