Contribute
Register

Cannot install Clover on SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I try installing on an MBR drive instead of GUID, or that won't make a difference?

Ok, I think this is really important.

I formatted an external drive I have using GUID Mac OS Journaled. Plugged it into the Yosemite and tried to use EFI Mounter v3, but it gave me the same error it does with the internal SSD.

Then I connected it back to my mac mini and run EFI Mounter v3 from there and it mounts just fine!

What do you make of it?

Ok, I think this is really important.

I formatted an external drive I have using GUID Mac OS Journaled. Plugged it into the Yosemite and tried to use EFI Mounter v3, but it gave me the same error it does with the internal SSD.

Then I connected it back to my mac mini and run EFI Mounter v3 from there and it mounts just fine!

What do you make of it?

Double check setting in UEFI to make sure EFI booting is enabled.

Here's what disk-info should look like:

disk-info.png

Mount the EFI partition and run diskuti info again and post a screen shot...

I took the SSD out of the box, put it into a case and hooked it up on the mac mini, everything works fine from there. Installed Clover from the mac mini and hooked it up back again, now it boots from unibeast even without the -x flag :D

Now I need to set up to boot from clover, will post questions on how to figure this out for my setup so I can post a guide for others to find.

Thanks alot for the help so far guys, you're awesome for taking the time to help me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back