Contribute
Register

Cannot get to installer 'using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'll try that! I was using OC but I'm over it, I'm going to try Clover again (I tried it first and it didn't work). Also, I have an MSI mobo, should I still use the asus z390 bios rtc fix?

Just realized your specs are on your profile (duh). I'd give the patch a shot since you have a 300 series board. I'm assuming you've disabled the 2080 in macOS?

If you haven't: There is no way to get it to work in any version of macOS but your CPU has an integrated GPU so you should use that as your display output by disabling the 2080 in macOS (look up how) and making sure your display is connected to the motherboard and not the RTX card (in order to use the iGPU).

If you have: you said you're switching from OC to Clover, make sure you don't forget about it- follow the steps to do it in Clover

If you fail to setup your Clover such that the RTX card is disabled properly in macOS then you will not be able to get macOS running, even if you apply this patch and it fixes this specific error there will be other errors you encounter because you cannot run any nVidia card newer than a 1080Ti in macOS at all.

Cool thanks. I'm a noob, where do I find that? Is that in config.plist?

edit: okay, that makes sense... i just switched the connection to the monitor to the hdmi coming from the motherboard, not the gpu. And I found the instructions for disabling the gpu. I'm trying it out

So I disabled the gpu and gotten farther than the OP's hang screen now... the apple logo comes up, bar fully loads, and it gets to an installation page... but it's in russian (even though i changed prev-lang:kbd to 'String" en-US:0).i translated the screen and it said 'impossible to install on your computer. try rebooting to reinstall' , and then seemed to be looking for an installation drive but couldnt find any. so i'm remaking an os x installer with unibeast, and going to try it again...the russian is kind of annoying

anyways i was wondering...how to you get to that find / replace HEX window? I haven't seen that yet

So I disabled the gpu and gotten farther than the OP's hang screen now... the apple logo comes up, bar fully loads, and it gets to an installation page... but it's in russian (even though i changed prev-lang:kbd to 'String" en-US:0).i translated the screen and it said 'impossible to install on your computer. try rebooting to reinstall' , and then seemed to be looking for an installation drive but couldnt find any. so i'm remaking an os x installer with unibeast, and going to try it again...the russian is kind of annoying

anyways i was wondering...how to you get to that find / replace HEX window? I haven't seen that yet

I suggest using a Vanilla install (no beast tools) for a much cleaner experience. OC is technically faster and newer but Clover is easier since there's no need to mess around with DSDT. It's something that you can probably finish in 1 day with a couple hours, some patience, and the help of r/hackintosh (where you will be told off for using beast tools but very enthusiastically helped with Clover/OC.

Also, that window is in Clover Configurator when editing your config.plist in it. If you have Clover Configurator installed on a real mac then just right click and open the config.plist in CC then go to the tabs on the left to find it (I think its under boot?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back