Contribute
Register

Cannot get to installer 'using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI H370M Bazooka
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cannot get to Mojave installer on brand new build.
Booting from USB drive in verbose mode shows the last line as, "using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers"
I found many many old posts of people encountering the same error, but they were just yelled at for not having their profile filled out, and no solution was presented.

This is my 4th Hackintosh - have always been able to find a solution previously, so first post.
Build and steps taken so far:

MSI H370M Bazooka
Intel i3-8100
Intel UHD 630
16GB DDR4-2400
Monitor connected via DVI

Set BIOS to defaults and configured according to MSI MB instructions here
I'm getting the same results with multiple (5) USB drives, both USB 2 and USB 3, plugged into USB 2 and USB 3 ports, although it takes ~15-20 minutes to present boot menu when connected to USB 2.0 port.

Have tried countless permutations of sample EFI folders found on these forums, boot flags, and entire config.plist files - all are resulting in the system halting at the same error.

Happy to provide any additional information that I have failed to provide.
Thank you!

Set BIOS to defaults and configured according to MSI MB instructions here

• That's for an MSI MoBo with Intel 9 Series Chipset for OS X installation .
  • Your Listed MoBo is MSI Intel 300 Series and you are trying to install maOSMojave (version not mentioned in the post).
  • You are better off choosing the BIOS options used in a successful post with your hardware for your version of macOSMojave.

I found many many old posts of people encountering the same error, but they were just yelled at for not having their profile filled out, and no solution was presented.

• Many (not your post) do not seem to understand the importance of providing at least the Major Hardware such as MoBO|CPU|Graphics involved in the installation.
  • This is a BASIC requirement in any forum for any Operating system installation.
    • It is ALL THE MORE IMPORTANT in Hackintosh as the macOS has to function like a real Mac using non-Mac hardware with drivers that don't normally exist as the hardware manufacturers don't and can't make macOS kexts!
  • All of us posting here either to seek help or offer help should follow the Forum Rules and shouldn't consider that as an undue burden and complain about it.
    • Posts with no proper TITLE to reflect the main reason for seeking help, the main hardware not listed in the Profile or Build Signature, No clear description of what version of macOS is being installed, how the installer was created , what BIOS options are chosen and what was observed on the Display screen as an uploaded image to support and supplement the post and any other support files like CLOVER as a zipped file may not always get a prompt and helpful answer.
  • Looking at your Verbose Boot screen, I cannot find a a clear cut clue to the current freeze to offer a specific troubleshoot.
    • Clues may be in your BIOS chosen options :->#33
    • EFI Folder of your USB Installer -.Bulleted tips -> #4

I'm also having this issue:

Cannot get to Mojave installer on brand new build.
Booting from USB drive in verbose mode shows the last line as, "using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers"

Did you end up finding a solution?

Having the same issue over here, managed to fix an error only to be greeted by this one :lol:. Let us know if you find anything!

I'm having the exact same thing happen to me, the screenshot is the same as what I see on my screen. Unlike the OP, I do have an Intel i9. Please help!

I'm having the exact same thing happen to me, the screenshot is the same as what I see on my screen. Unlike the OP, I do have an Intel i9. Please help!

Are you using Clover or OC? I had this issue using Clover and was able to fix it by enabling the RTC patch for 300 series boards (present but disabled by default in clover). If you don't have it already try manually adding the patch:

Fix Asus Z390 BIOS RTC bug fix

Find* [HEX] =A00A9353 54415301

Replace* [HEX] =A00A910A FF0BFFFF

1606677879843.png

Obviously make sure that the box next to disabled isn't checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I'll try that! I was using OC but I'm over it, I'm going to try Clover again (I tried it first and it didn't work). Also, I have an MSI mobo, should I still use the asus z390 bios rtc fix?

Thanks, I'll try that! I was using OC but I'm over it, I'm going to try Clover again (I tried it first and it didn't work). Also, I have an MSI mobo, should I still use the asus z390 bios rtc fix?

I have a Gigabyte mobo (B365M) and it's what solved the issue for me, so I'd give it a shot if it's a 300 series motherboard (B300 like me or H300 or Z300 etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back