Graphics
HD 530 / GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey all,

I've been here for 4+ hours attempting to get this to work and I've got nothing...

I've ran every fix I've seen possible on ****** and here, on the forums and nothing! I still get the 'No Signal' on my TV with the latest Web Drivers installed, enabled through Clover and my 1060 connected through HDMI. I'm out of ideas

I've ran the ADGPFix.app: Tried to disable SIP through Recovery, says it succeeds, boot back into OS, check if its disabled before running the fix, SIP is enabled..not sure what's causing this

Placed two kexts in the 'Other' folder (lilu.kext and NvidiaADGraphicFix.text): Placing these kexts and then reboot, causes a bootloop, even if I boot with the Web Drivers disabled and 'nv_disable=1'

Installed Web Drivers as normal: Causes the black screen

My specs are an Core i5 6500, Asus H110M-A/M.2 MB and a GTX 1060 connected to my Samsung TV through the HDMI port on the 1060

I'm also running the iMac17,1 SMBIOS

Someone please help, I'm out of ideas! :(

EDIT: Mixup above, I don't get a bootloop upon placing those Kexts, its a kernel panic

I can try a few things to help. I myself have a 1060 6GB working just fine out-of-the-box.

I still get the 'No Signal' on my TV with the latest Web Drivers installed, enabled through Clover and my 1060 connected through HDMI. I'm out of ideas

Did you try any of the other ports, if possible? Many users claim that the HDMI port is buggy for certain models, and can be fixed by substituting with either DisplayPort or DVI.
Also, did you make sure that the system itself is actually working and only the display isn't? Try adjusting the volume and listening for the key tones, or anything that causes OS X to make sound to confirm it's not the black screen crash.

I've ran the ADGPFix.app... Placed two kexts in the 'Other' folder (lilu.kext and NvidiaADGraphicFix.text): Placing these kexts and then reboot, causes a bootloop,

Having the ADGPFix AND the Lilu/NvidiaGraphicsFixer kexts is redundant; only one is actually necessary (And really, the latter is preferred if you don't want to suffer redoing the app every incremental OS X update).

Tried to disable SIP through Recovery, says it succeeds, boot back into OS, check if its disabled before running the fix, SIP is enabled..not sure what's causing this

Not sure if the recovery is ever recommended; most usually use Clover Configurator and edit their config.plist to change their SIP status. If I was a betting man, then THIS is the fix I would try first. After all, the kexts wouldn't kick in without SIP off through the boot loader, and the Mac 15,1/17,1/Pro6,1 definitions need this fix.

I don't know if this helps any, but I did my installation straight from a clean Sierra install. What I did was make the necessary upgrade to 12.4, used Clover Configurator to disable SIP, installed the Web Driver (But not enable it yet), installed the Lilu/Graphics kexts, make sure any Intel kext was marked disabled in Clover and any InjectIntel was disabled as well, then rebooted to the boot loader and enabled the Web Driver only. I'm using a Mac 15,1 definition (Preconfigured for iMessage), and didn't do anything special outside of this aside from the initial Multibeast install. If you're using a well-used install of Sierra, I sadly cannot help much there.

Did you try any of the other ports, if possible? Many users claim that the HDMI port is buggy for certain models, and can be fixed by substituting with either DisplayPort or DVI.

Yeah, I've tried the DisplayPort cable I have on hand and I'm getting the same issue.

Having the ADGPFix AND the Lilu/NvidiaGraphicsFixer kexts is redundant; only one is actually necessary (And really, the latter is preferred if you don't want to suffer redoing the app every incremental OS X update).

I've done both individually to no avail but, I'll certainly keep that in mind for the future.

I don't know if this helps any, but I did my installation straight from a clean Sierra install. What I did was make the necessary upgrade to 12.4, used Clover Configurator to disable SIP, installed the Web Driver (But not enable it yet), installed the Lilu/Graphics kexts, make sure any Intel kext was marked disabled in Clover and any InjectIntel was disabled as well, then rebooted to the boot loader and enabled the Web Driver only. I'm using a Mac 15,1 definition (Preconfigured for iMessage), and didn't do anything special outside of this aside from the initial Multibeast install. If you're using a well-used install of Sierra, I sadly cannot help much there.

This is most likely what I'll have a shot at doing if the Clover SIP fix doesn't work as it sounds the most promising. I'll grab a cup of coffee, get to work and report back with any success or failures. Thanks for these tips!

Okay, I've had no success with a clean reinstall of Sierra, Disabling of SIP, Install of WebDrivers and placement of Kexts in Other folder..same kernel panic as before. I have attached it with the post

Attachments

• IMG_20170412_015935.jpg
    IMG_20170412_015935.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 141
As an update, I've now completely wiped the SSD again, reinstalled, updated to .4 of Sierra, done Multibeast setup, installed Drivers, placed kexts, rebooted and now, I'm not longer getting a kernel panic, instead, getting the black screen as the progress bar goes halfway.

I've also verified that it is the black screen, as I managed to login, start a terminal window and type 'sudo reboot' at which point, the machine rebooted

Still running iMac17,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back