Contribute
Register

Cannot get HDMI output to work with Intel UHD 630 on i3-8100

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is still no signal on HDMI port on second monitor after booting to Mojave os. Displayport is working with first monitor though.
I suspected as much because of the different video port configuration on your motherboard. Please try the Framebuffer patching guide linked in my previous reply. If you get stuck, please post an image of the FB-Patcher Connectors page and any specific changes you attempted, and we'll help.

The config.plist file is corrupted? Can you upload it, again?

Yes, when I deleted the SMBIOS section it corrupted the syntax. But I see it didn't work for you. The Framebuffer patching guide CaseySJ linked to is the one I followed to generate it. That will work for you, I'm confident. Good luck!

I am trying to patch the Framebuffer with intel FBPatcher generated code. I pasted into config.plist but it actually didn't change. I wanted to change connector types and wanted to swap bus id to experiment to make HDMI port working. Whenever I reboot after the patching the reading from AppleIntelFramebuffer_10_18.2 file generated with -igfxdump switch, doesn't change. What shall I do? And of course HDMI connector still not working. I also attached the patched config.plist as well.

Attachments

• FBPatcher-sreenshot.png
    FBPatcher-sreenshot.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 135
  • config.plist
    8.9 KB · Views: 106
I am trying to patch the Framebuffer with intel FBPatcher generated code. I pasted into config.plist but it actually didn't change. I wanted to change connector types and wanted to swap bus id to experiment to make HDMI port working. Whenever I reboot after the patching the reading from AppleIntelFramebuffer_10_18.2 file generated with -igfxdump switch, doesn't change. What shall I do? And of course HDMI connector still not working. I also attached the patched config.plist as well.
In the Graphics section, ig-platform-id was still set, so that’s been removed in the attached config.plist.

FB-Patcher always shows default values when it starts (I’ll mention this in the guide later today).

Can you post screenshots of the default Connector values (on starting FB-Patcher) and after making your changes?

Attachments

• config-nor500.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 117
I am sending...

1547036791883.png

I am sending...

Row 1 is highlighted in red. Which video port are you using on the motherboard? DisplayPort?

Also, your board has 4 video ports, but FB-Patcher is only showing 3 connectors. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about that quite yet. The key is to test each video port to determine the Type for each Row.

displayport. sending it again..
1547037753928.png

I already tested it. the index 2 (con1) was dvi (it was giving signal). The Vga was not giving signal neither HDMI..

Now we know:
  • Row 1 = DisplayPort
  • Row 2 = DVI-D
So we'll assume:
  • Row 3 = HDMI
Have you already tried:
  • Swapping BusID between Row 1 and Row 3?
  • Swapping BusID between Row 2 and Row 3?

I tried to swap 1 and 3 and rechecked it in FB-Patcher. But it looked to me that swap didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back