Contribute
Register

Cannot get HDMI output to work with Intel UHD 630 on i3-8100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pasted the code into config.plist. Rebooted and rebooted again. The hot-plug issue hasn't been resolved. I took a screenshot about FB-Patcher and Plistedit pro I think they show opposite things. I am using -igfxdump custom flag which generates AppleIntelFramebuffer_10_18.2, which I open in FB-patcher.

I attached both screenshots.

View attachment 378454

View attachment 378455

FB-Patcher will display the default connector settings instead of the modified connector settings! So we cannot trust it after a restart. The fact that HDMI is now working indicates that the framebuffer patch works.

But the hot-plug issue, unfortunately, is something I haven't experienced and is therefore beyond my scope. I hope someone reading this will be able to offer some suggestions.

Of course, the "search" box is a good place to start as well.

Anyways, thanks for you help. I will investigate further.

As mentioned in the bottom of Post #39, I would swap BusIDs 0x06 and 0x05 -- which I've done in the code below.

Please replace this section of your config.plist (on EFI partition of Mojave internal disk) and try again...

Code:
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
BwCbPg==
</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
kj4AAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-busid</key>
<data>
BgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-index</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-pipe</key>
<data>
EgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-type</key>
<data>
AAQAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key>
<data>
BQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-index</key>
<data>
AgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
<data>
EgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
<data>
BAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key>
<data>
BAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-index</key>
<data>
AwAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
<data>
EgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
<data>
AAgAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-busid</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-flags</key>
<data>
IAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-index</key>
<data>
/////w==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-pipe</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-type</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
</dict>

Edit: I think this HDMI hot-plug thing might be a thing, and not a good thing! If the above patch does not help, a little more research might be needed.

CaseySJ
Swapping 0x06 and 0x05 didn't fix the hdmi hotplug issue, but also casues shutdown reboot not working anymore. That is why I had to revert to port config without 0x06 and 0x05 port swap. Do you know what is going on? My problem with dual monitor setup still remained. Whenever I boot with dp and hdmi monitor setup. The hdmi monitor will only work after hot plugging.

CaseySJ
Swapping 0x06 and 0x05 didn't fix the hdmi hotplug issue, but also casues shutdown reboot not working anymore. That is why I had to revert to port config without 0x06 and 0x05 port swap. Do you know what is going on? My problem with dual monitor setup still remained. Whenever I boot with dp and hdmi monitor setup. The hdmi monitor will only work after hot plugging.
Unfortunately, HDMI hot-plug remains an issue and has been reported by several people. You can see some reports of the problem here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...uide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/page-11

Hopefully we'll find a solution to this soon.

Unfortunately, HDMI hot-plug remains an issue and has been reported by several people. You can see some reports of the problem here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...uide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/page-11

Hopefully we'll find a solution to this soon.
Hello CaseySJ,
Hi I am new to hackingtosh. I want to install mac os Mojave to my PC but I am unable to boot from my USB.
every i boot from usb after apple logo loading the display goes turn off. Just like display disconnected.
I follow a guides about intel graphics framebuffer patch (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/) but I am unable to complete guide because i didn't understand the guide.
here i attached my EFI folder from usb. Can you please help me out to give a proper guide please...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 64
Hello CaseySJ,
Hi I am new to hackingtosh. I want to install mac os Mojave to my PC but I am unable to boot from my USB.
every i boot from usb after apple logo loading the display goes turn off. Just like display disconnected.
I follow a guides about intel graphics framebuffer patch (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/) but I am unable to complete guide because i didn't understand the guide.
here i attached my EFI folder from usb. Can you please help me out to give a proper guide please...
Please try the attached CLOVER folder. This sets platform ID to 0x3e9b0007 correctly (in reverse byte order) and adds connector patches that should enable the onboard HDMI port.

By the way, you're using SMBIOS iMac17,1. It's better to try iMac18,3.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 107
Please try the attached CLOVER folder. This sets platform ID to 0x3e9b0007 correctly (in reverse byte order) and adds connector patches that should enable the onboard HDMI port.

Thanks a lot. After test it I will update soon.....

CaseySJ many many thanks. now after run mojave and test there was no problem without the usb 3 problem...

Last edited:
Hello @CaseySJ
I have a Dell laptop with UHD 630(I5-9300H) and MacOS 10.15.3 installed. I tried to use your guide how to set up FB BusId for use my laptop with second HDMI monitor, but had no luck. In Hackintool I have only one red row - my internal display. When I plugin hdmi cable there are no changes, no additional red row. Sorry for my bad English. Hope you can help me

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 54
Hello @CaseySJ
I have a Dell laptop with UHD 630(I5-9300H) and MacOS 10.15.3 installed. I tried to use your guide how to set up FB BusId for use my laptop with second HDMI monitor, but had no luck. In Hackintool I have only one red row - my internal display. When I plugin hdmi cable there are no changes, no additional red row. Sorry for my bad English. Hope you can help me
Hello @Aleh,

This requires a discovery process by trying different Bus IDs until you find one that works. Have you gone through this guide?
For HDMI, also try BusID 0x05.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back