Contribute
Register

Cannot get HDMI output to work with Intel UHD 630 on i3-8100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to swap 1 and 3 and rechecked it in FB-Patcher. But it looked to me that swap didn't happen.
FB-Patcher has a nasty habit of undoing your changes if you make certain selections in the "Patch" page. So I would first set the Patch checkboxes correctly, then edit the Connectors page.

I would try swapping Rows 2 and 3 first, so the result should be like this:

Row 1: BusID 0x05, Type DP
Row 2: BusID 0x06, Type DVI
Row 3: BusID 0x04, Type HDMI

Then swap Rows 1 and 3:

Row 1: BusID 0x06, Type DP
Row 2: BusID 0x04, Type DVI
Row 3: BusID 0x05, Type HDMI

And then this (which changes all 3 BusIDs):

Row 2: BusID 0x05, Type DVI
Row 3: BusID 0x04, Type HDMI

@nor500 It also occurred to me that all 4 Rows may need to be used. Up to now we've assumed that Row 4 (with index -1) is unused, but it may in fact be used. And I'm surprised that VGA is not working, which means it may also have the wrong Bus ID.

So if the above settings don't work, the trial-and-error phase gets a little more complicated, but we would assume that HDMI is in Row 4 and VGA is probably in Row 3. Then we have two likely possibilities:

Row 3: BusID 0x02, Type VGA
Row 4: BusID 0x04, Type HDMI

or

Row 1: BusID 0x04, Type DP
Row 4: BusID 0x06, Type HDMI

But in this case, would we need to use Index 0? We cannot use Index 4 because the valid range is only 0 to 3, and -1. But index 0 refers to built-in LCD display...

Anyway, let's see what happens with the settings in Post #31.

CaseSJ! Finally I made it, I mean it was you, who helped me again!!!!! :) So Thank you, I really apreciate your help. So DP works and also Hdmi. The solution was this:

After had been struggling with this issue for week now, actually I was close to the point that I felt like regretting not to choosing mac mini i7 ( more than double the price) instead of this hackintosh build after close to 8 years of using hackintosh machines. But now I am relaxed now and my decision gor a confimation..:)

Thanks. The fine tunings are coming now. Sometimes Mojave reboots instead of wake from sleep, but not always.

CaseSJ! Finally I made it, I mean it was you, who helped me again!!!!! :) So Thank you, I really apreciate your help. So DP works and also Hdmi. The solution was this:

After had been struggling with this issue for week now, actually I was close to the point that I felt like regretting not to choosing mac mini i7 ( more than double the price) instead of this hackintosh build after close to 8 years of using hackintosh machines. But now I am relaxed now and my decision gor a confimation..:)

Thanks. The fine tunings are coming now. Sometimes Mojave reboots instead of wake from sleep, but not always.
Wow!! That's great, congratulations for putting up with it!!

I would really like to capture this whole process in the patch guide as an example for others. Could you please post a screenshot of the final FB-Patcher Connectors page?

I am particularly curious about the "Index" values that were used. Thanks!!

P.S. For sleep/wake/reboot issues we find that some common solutions involve the following (which may or may not work in your case):
  • Check "AppleIntelCPUPM" in Clover Configurator
  • On Gigabyte 370-series motherboards, often we need to replace AptioMemoryFix-64 (in CLOVER/driversUEFI folder) with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and set "slide=0".
  • If that also fails, we may need to install "EmuVariableUEFI64" using Clover installer (not Clover Configurator) by clicking "Customize..." button, selecting the EmuVariable... driver, and checking the box for "Install RC Scripts in Target Volume".
  • Also try "darkwake=0".

Last edited:
Sure. I will soon.

Here is the final FB-Patcher screenshot about the connectors. DP and Hdmi works perfectly.
index01=dp
index03=hdmi.
index02=dvi(haven't tested yet).

1547059212947.png

Here is the final FB-Patcher screenshot about the connectors. DP and Hdmi works perfectly.
index01=dp
index03=hdmi.
index02=dvi(haven't tested yet).
That's the default Connectors page, unfortunately, that does not show the changes. If you can upload your config.plist (just the <properties> section) I can extract the information needed for the patch guide. Because config.plist contains your serial numbers, posting just the long <properties> section would be sufficient (and safe). Thanks!

Here is the properties section:

<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
BwCbPg==
</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
kj4AAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-busid</key>
<data>
BQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-index</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-pipe</key>
<data>
EgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-type</key>
<data>
AAQAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key>
<data>
BgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-index</key>
<data>
AgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
<data>
EgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
<data>
BAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key>
<data>
BAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-index</key>
<data>
AwAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
<data>
EgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
<data>
AAgAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-busid</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-flags</key>
<data>
IAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-index</key>
<data>
/////w==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-pipe</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-type</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
</dict>

The configuration described in the <properties> section above is as follows:
Code:
Row  Index  Bus   Pipe  Type
1     1     0x05  18    DP     (0x00 04 00 00)
2     2     0x06  18    DP     (0x00 04 00 00)
3     3     0x04  18    HDMI   (0x00 08 00 00)
4    -1     0x00   0    DUMMY  (0x00 01 00 00)
I wonder if a more suitable configuration might be this, with changes shown in [..]
Code:
1     1     0x05  18    DP     (0x00 04 00 00)
2     2     0x06  18   [DVI]
Or this, with changes shown in [..]
Code:
1     1    [0x06] 18    DP     (0x00 04 00 00)
2     2    [0x05] 18   [DVI]
This last one might enable all 3 ports.

Last edited:
CaseSJ. I will test your suggestion soon. In the meantime I was making some testing with booting from usb with same EFI folder but only one difference, I didn't put lilu and weg kexts on there. The result was of course there was no signal on hdmi port, but the other thing the reboot shutdown functionality was working properly. It means that somehow lilu and weg kexts cause this trouble with the shutdown, reboot problem. What do you think of that CaseSJ?

I already tried your suggestion without success:
  • Check "AppleIntelCPUPM" in Clover Configurator
  • On Gigabyte 370-series motherboards, often we need to replace AptioMemoryFix-64 (in CLOVER/driversUEFI folder) with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and set "slide=0".
  • Darkwake = 0
It didn't help.

Actually I haven't tested your last suggestion:
  • If that also fails, we may need to install "EmuVariableUEFI64" using Clover installer (not Clover Configurator) by clicking "Customize..." button, selecting the EmuVariable... driver, and checking the box for "Install RC Scripts in Target Volume".
Isn't there will be any bad sideeffect for the system by this installing "EmuVariableUEFI64"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back