EVGA GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone!
I had recently finished installing the latest version of Mountain Lion on my windows machine that I had figured out that the motherboard supports hackintosh installation. The asrock z77 mobi that I have been using has an Intel HD 4000 video integrated inside. This is the video chip that I have been using to install and run mountain lion for a few days. However, I wanted to get my GTX 660 card working into the os so I would have more power put in which is what I really need! The HD 4000 has successfully been able to boot into the system with no problem on chimera 2.0.1. Since I learned that mountain lion 10.8.3 natively supports all gtx cards, including the 660 (non-ti), that would be the kickstarter for me to enable my video card again and get it running.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem as easy as I thought. When I boot into the system I get the apple logo and the spinning wheel indicating that I would be able to get into the system without a kernel panic and my ssd's indicator light was flashing so I knew things were loading. But after a minute which is the usual time for the os to load with the hd 4000, the spinning wheel would continue spinning and nothing would happen with the apple logo in its place.

I am only able to boot with -x and it causes graphical glitches in the bottom right corner of the screen. I see people on the forums stating that you should boot in with GraphicsEnabler=No ( yes I know its case sensitive i did it right) but that didn't work. I also have noticed that whatever bootflag I use, like -x or graphicsenabler=no, etc, it shows unable to handle key about three or four times in the top left corner with a variety of different things after that such as, MLB, ROM, and SystemAudioVolume. So, it would be like:
Unable to handle key MLB
Unable to handle key ROM
unable to handle key SystemAudioVolume​
It doesnt show only MLB, ROM, and SystemAudioVolume on every bootflag I use. Like i said, there are a variety.

This is driving me absolutely insane, especially when I see so many people with successful story's on their hackintoshes, and their build has a non ti 660 card and can boot no problem. Unfortunately, due to the amount of time given to me at the moment, I cannot post pictures of anything specific right now, like the "unable to handle key", or the booting process that just stays still.

If there is anyone that comes along this thread and is willing to reply and would like some pictures to see specifically the situation, I will be absolutely more than happy to give them, just not at the time of this post.

Thank you all very much in advance and thanks again TonyMacx86 for these fantastic tools!

Have done a search for:

Unable to handle key MLB

Unable to handle key ROM

unable to handle key SystemAudioVolume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back