Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H61M
CPU
i3 3220
Graphics
HD 7970
If anyone can help offer suggestions please do.
Cannot get Catalina install to complete. Have tried updating and clean install from USB with clean Clover with only essential kexts and EC patch and config.plist.
When I attempt install starts and asks for reboot as it should. On next boot I see Install from Mac Install partition and can select and it continues install again right up to graphical display and loading bar. Counts down from around 27 minutes remaining to 13 minutes and always hard reboots computer at 13 minutes. When it restarts just same loop over and over and never finishes. Have tried -v but don't see any glaring issues and the graphic loading bar starts again with same 13 minute hard reboot.
Tried replacing ram see if any difference. No luck.

I don't know what else to try and don't know what is causing hard reboot.

Thanks for any help.

If anyone can help offer suggestions please do.
Cannot get Catalina install to complete. Have tried updating and clean install from USB with clean Clover with only essential kexts and EC patch and config.plist.
When I attempt install starts and asks for reboot as it should. On next boot I see Install from Mac Install partition and can select and it continues install again right up to graphical display and loading bar. Counts down from around 27 minutes remaining to 13 minutes and always hard reboots computer at 13 minutes. When it restarts just same loop over and over and never finishes. Have tried -v but don't see any glaring issues and the graphic loading bar starts again with same 13 minute hard reboot.
Tried replacing ram see if any difference. No luck.

I don't know what else to try and don't know what is causing hard reboot.

Thanks for any help.
First boot of the installer is by means of the USB in "Install Catalina Macos", after the reboot, it continues starting the system from the USB but in this case it selects the new unit that appears that says Catalina Macos and the installation will continue.

This is what I did but as above when the Catalina Macos partition is booted to continue install it gets to the 13 min remaining mark and hard reboots only to repeat same thing over again.

This is what I did but as above when the Catalina Macos partition is booted to continue install it gets to the 13 min remaining mark and hard reboots only to repeat same thing over again.
How many times did you repeat it? My system had several reboots too.

I have let it reboot up to 4 times and seems same each time. Installation bar starts at about 27 minutes remaining. Quickly drops to about 23 minutes and then slowly progresses to 13 minutes remaining and then bam hard reboot.

i was just checking into compatibility. Is the Intel i3 2100 compatible with Catalina??

i was just checking into compatibility. Is the Intel i3 2100 compatible with Catalina??
I don't know the compatibility, but I should at least get to the desktop without graphic acceleration. Do some research about the compatibility of your GPU. Although the problem should be another, because otherwise I would not have let you even enter the installation screen.

Try installing without any EC patches. I had a similar problem, in which Clover 5070 automatically assigned me some options to the config.plist in the ACPI section, I simply removed them all and left them as similar as possible to the Mojave config.plist and it worked. Check the configuration of the config.plist that you used in Mojave and apply it to the Config.plist of Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back