Graphics
ASUS GTX980-4GD5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all, I have successfully installed Yosemite a while ago using clover, and i've been using the computer for a while with only some minor issues (sometimes when my computer goes to sleep it wakes up automatically and sometimes it shuts down while sleeping, very randomly). But overall my experience has been great.

Now i'm preparing to update to El Capitan using tony's guide, but when i was in the part of copying my kext's from 10.10 to 10.11 folder i noticed that there aren't any .kext files whatsoever on my 10.10 folder. And that's where my question comes from.

How is it possible that it's not there and that my computer is working like a charm? Do i really need them to update to El Capitan? Should i place them on my current 10.10 folder?

Here are some screenshots of my system and Clover, please help me out before i dare to update to El Capitan.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2016-01-13 13.09.21.png

Screenshot 2016-01-13 13.09.52.png

Screenshot 2016-01-13 13.09.41.png

Hello all, I have successfully installed Yosemite a while ago using clover, and i've been using the computer for a while with only some minor issues (sometimes when my computer goes to sleep it wakes up automatically and sometimes it shuts down while sleeping, very randomly). But overall my experience has been great.

Now i'm preparing to update to El Capitan using tony's guide, but when i was in the part of copying my kext's from 10.10 to 10.11 folder i noticed that there aren't any .kext files whatsoever on my 10.10 folder. And that's where my question comes from.

How is it possible that it's not there and that my computer is working like a charm? Do i really need them to update to El Capitan? Should i place them on my current 10.10 folder?

Here are some screenshots of my system and Clover, please help me out before i dare to update to El Capitan.

Thanks!

View attachment 171925

View attachment 171927

View attachment 171926

Put FakeSMC.kext and Your Ethernet kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 before doing a direct upgrade with Clover. You get kexts from Kexts. Be sure that you've updated to latest version of Clover.

ok, will do.

Thanks!!

I did the steps instructed and now i can't boot my machine on the OSX installer :(

I get the following error (attached image)

Any ideas?

image1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back