Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I lost the HDD of a (True) Mac Pro G5 Quad 2.5 Ghz running Leopard (As it is old architecture with Motorola processor, it cannot go to to Snow Leopard which is only for Intel processors).
I reinstalled all, no problem except for the wifi with TP-Link TL-WDN4800.
This card is running OOB (airport) from Snow Leopard to Mojave but not natively on Leopard.
This Wifi card was running on this machine, but I dont remember how it has been done. I cannot find a kext to do so.
Can you help even if it is not a Hackintosh? Any idea?

Last edited:
I lost the HDD of a (True) Mac Pro G5 Quad 2.5 Ghz running Leopard (It cannot go to to Snow Leopard).
I reinstalled all, no problem except for the wifi with TP-Link TL-WDN4800.
This card is running OOB (airport) from Snow Leopard to Mojave but not natively on Leopard.
This Wifi card was running on this machine, but I dont remember how it has been done. I cannot find a kext to do so.
Can you help even if it is not a Hackintosh? Any idea?

You can try this kext. Normally it goes in the IO80211Familykext in the plugins section but not sure with Leopard.
Go to System/Library/Extensions and look for the IO80211familykext. Right click and select Show Package Contents. Look for a plugins folder. If it has one go back to the Extensions folder and drag the Whole kext to the desktop and add the Atheros40kext to the plugins folder. after its added Use KextBeast to install it to S/L/Extensions folder. Place only the 80211Familykext on the desktop (all kexts on desktop will load) and run the app. Reboot and test.

Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 12.45.26 PM.png

Attachments

• Atheros40kext.zip
    649.6 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back