Contribute
Register

Cannot download Mavericks - asks for unkown's users password?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had some problems logging in on app store, but I solved it through some guides on the net.

When I log in and try to download it asks for a password for the user "[email protected]". I am not [email protected], and I have never heard of that address.
I don't know know why the app store asks for password (for another user) when I am already logged in?

:banghead:

Code:
Mar 23 02:36:29 olof.lan storeagent[233]: sending status (OS X Mavericks): 0.808065% (538.000000)
Mar 23 02:36:29 olof.lan storeagent[233]: installClient:currentState:package:progress 1:timeRemaining -1
Mar 23 02:36:29 olof.lan storeagent[233]: sending status (OS X Mavericks): 0.808065% (538.000000)
Mar 23 02:36:30 olof.lan storeagent[233]: installClient:currentState:package:progress 1:timeRemaining -1
Mar 23 02:36:30 olof.lan storeagent[233]: sending status (OS X Mavericks): 0.808065% (538.000000)
Mar 23 02:36:30 olof.lan storeagent[233]: installClient:currentState:package:progress 1:timeRemaining -1
Mar 23 02:36:30 olof.lan storeagent[233]: sending status (OS X Mavericks): 0.808065% (538.000000)
Mar 23 02:36:31 olof.lan storeagent[233]: installClient:currentState:package:progress 1:timeRemaining -1
Mar 23 02:36:31 olof.lan storeagent[233]: sending status (OS X Mavericks): 0.808065% (538.000000)

I finally managed to START the download, and download 100% of file. In App Store -> Purchases it seems to be stuck at "installing... 8 mins left"... I checked appstore.log and I am getting spammed with above message constantly.

Launchpad Progressbar is also stuck.
I am on 10.9.2 and I just want to download 10.9.2 so that I can make a new Uniboot USB.

du -sh /Applications/OS X Install Mavericks shows about 200kb.

Thanks.

What are the links to the guides you use to fix this problem????

I had some problems logging in on app store, but I solved it through some guides on the net.

When I log in and try to download it asks for a password for the user "[email protected]". I am not [email protected], and I have never heard of that address.
I don't know know why the app store asks for password (for another user) when I am already logged in?

:banghead:

I don't know why but there seems to be something quirky with some apple services involving a gmail account, Ive noticed this with folks running genuine macs commenting in the apple forums.

This is affecting me too and I can't get it to download at all. Has anyone figured this out?

Actually, I just managed to get it to download. I'm not sure WHICH thing fixed it, but I signed into iTunes and then I went to Mavericks on Apple.com and clicked Upgrade Now. It brought me to Mavericks in the AppStore and when I clicked download it let me put in my own Apple ID. So, yey :D Hope this helps someone else.

Okay, NOW I think I have figured it out. If you have another OS X installer somewhere, Mac will find it and try to update it when you download Mavericks. And then if there's SOMEHOW :think: another Apple ID in there... (Like if you got it from a certain website that provides such things) it'll put that ID in the the sign in box from it. Soo.. I dunno if everyone else in this thread already figured that out, but... yeah.

What i did is made a new user account and logged in with my apple Id in Mac app store and it start downloading. its downloading right now. i am going to reinstall the os and see if the email is still there or not. if you just trying to make bootable flash drive this works..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back