CPU
i7 10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
I did a successful install of Sierra but was having a few issues with audio and other things. I decided to do a clean install. I made another unibeast usb stick but when I try to boot from it by selecting external in the Clover menu (right after bios), the apple logo appears and the status bar but it never progresses.

Some things I have notices are that the changes I made the bios are no longer there and when I enter boot arguments they do not stick on the next reboot. When sierra was working, i was getting "fake" boot entries PCI....

I am trying to reformat the internal m.2 sad but cannot get it to boot from a usb. I've tried several different ones and different usb ports on the mobo. I really need some help here :(

I did a successful install of Sierra but was having a few issues with audio and other things. I decided to do a clean install. I made another unibeast usb stick but when I try to boot from it by selecting external in the Clover menu (right after bios), the apple logo appears and the status bar but it never progresses.

You need to boot from the UniBeast USB stick (F12 - Boot Menu).

When I enter boot arguments they do not stick on the next reboot.

If you want the Clover Boot args to stick you need to edit Clovers config.plist

Thanks for responding! I could not get it to boot with the usb stick, not from the usb or the system itself. After I removed it it booted up fine. Now I have a running list of tweaks to chase down. Still would like to know why I couldn't boot from the stick if I ever need to do a clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back