Contribute
Register

Cannot connect to Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I have just attempted my first hackintosh and have hit a little snag. My build is as follows:

Gigabyte GA-H81M-H
Intel core i5 4440
8gb ram
Corsair force 3 ssd drive
OS X snow leopard DVD

I installed the snow leopard dvd with iboot and had no issues. However when I've gone to use multibeast to install the kexts I've selected the ones I want to install at the moment and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my network card to work. Can anyone help me get connected to the internet?

Forget running MultiBeast for 10.6.x on Haswell hardware - there is no support for the PCH in the SL kernel so it will not boot on its own. Just use iBoot Haswell to boot/install SL DVD, download 10.6.8 update (combo) and update to 10.6.8, download latest Sierra and install Sierra.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Would you advise starting again? As I cannot connect to internet I can't download anything so would you be able to advise the best avenue to go?

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Would you advise starting again? As I cannot connect to internet I can't download anything so would you be able to advise the best avenue to go?
boot existing installation with iBoot Haswell should get you to the internet.

No ive got no internet connection but I've tried several different kexts and nothing. So do you think it's worth starting again

No ive got no internet connection but I've tried several different kexts and nothing. So do you think it's worth starting again
iBoot Haswell should have loaded your NIC kext when you booted it. Just boot with it and select your installed OS X icon and see if you have networking enabled.

I've tried booting with iboot haswell but to no avail so I'm going to try and get hold of os sierra and see if that works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back