Contribute
Register

Cannot choose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sierra GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7-2600 Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)
Graphics
Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cannot choose Motherboard

could someone be kind enough to help me choose between these.. unfortunately I do not live in Canada anymore and here in Buenos Aires the models ae pretty limited... I want uefi bios and most compatible without issues and only from these models thanks... going tomorrow for a board
I have heard some have audio issues I was looking at this one Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 lga 1155

but I am not comfortable updating bioses any more.. I bricked my MSI

this one looks Motherboard GA-Z77X-UD3H Gigabyte LGA1155

good but has audio issues no
I am using Mountain lion and not interested in overclocking
http://www.harlempc.com/productos/motherboards-gygabyte.html

could someone be kind enough to help me choose between these.. unfortunately I do not live in Canada anymore and here in Buenos Aires the models ae pretty limitted...I want uefi bios and most compatible without issues and only from these models thanks... going tomorrow for a board
I have heard some have audio issues I was looking at this one Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 lga 1155

but I am not comfortable updating bioses any more.. I bricked my MSI

this one looks Motherboard GA-Z77X-UD3H Gigabyte LGA1155

good but has audio issues no
I am using Mountain lion and not interested in overclocking
http://www.harlempc.com/productos/motherboards-gygabyte.html

If you go with the Z68X-UD3H-B3 and want UEFI then you will have to flash the (beta) UEFI BIOS so if you're uncomfortable with flashing you may want to go with the other one.

However if you go with the Z77X-UD3H you'll be pairing an Ivy Bridge board with a Sandy Bridge CPU (assuming you're keeping your existing i7-2600), so you'll need to check an extra box in MultiBeast. Not a big deal, just something to be aware of. And, as you said this board has unsupported VIA audio so you'd have to use Voodoo enabler, which can lead to instability.

If I were you I'd go with the Z68 board - you don't *have* to flash the UEFI BIOS since it's fully supported via DSDT (downloadable from this site), but if you want to go DSDT-free (with UEFI) you have that option.

If you go with the Z68X-UD3H-B3 and want UEFI then you will have to flash the (beta) UEFI BIOS so if you're uncomfortable with flashing you may want to go with the other one.

However if you go with the Z77X-UD3H you'll be pairing an Ivy Bridge board with a Sandy Bridge CPU (assuming you're keeping your existing i7-2600), so you'll need to check an extra box in MultiBeast. Not a big deal, just something to be aware of. And, as you said this board has unsupported VIA audio so you'd have to use Voodoo enabler, which can lead to instability.

If I were you I'd go with the Z68 board - you don't *have* to flash the UEFI BIOS since it's fully supported via DSDT (downloadable from this site), but if you want to go DSDT-free (with UEFI) you have that option.
Thankx for quick response and help... what about the other boards... is there something better I thought all z77 boards were sandy compatible

all on that page:D

You could maybe go the cheapest route (assuming it has the slots you need) and go with the B75M-D3V - it has supported audio & ethernet and should work fine (the Ivy Bridge mobo/Sandy Bridge CPU caveat applies). That's the only other board on that page (as far as I can tell) with supported audio.

OFF-TOPIC: I can't send you a PM, but I'm going to Buenos Aires for the first time at the end of the month - anything that should be on my "must-do" list? (Feel free to send me a PM instead of cluttering up the thread).

You could maybe go the cheapest route (assuming it has the slots you need) and go with the B75M-D3V - it has supported audio & ethernet and should work fine (the Ivy Bridge mobo/Sandy Bridge CPU caveat applies). That's the only other board on that page (as far as I can tell) with supported audio.

OFF-TOPIC: I can't send you a PM, but I'm going to Buenos Aires for the first time at the end of the month - anything that should be on my "must-do" list? (Feel free to send me a PM instead of cluttering up the thread).
You have been too kind thank you so much I think III go with the hassle free Z68X-UD3H-B3 :thumbup: sounds good enough for me cheers from Buenos Aires

Cool will do :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back