Motherboard
Asus Z170 deluxe
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 6600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My 22" 1650x1050 monitor died, and I just got a Dell 2550x1550 new one. But it only says "this monitor is incompatible with this resolution" and wont let me see nothing. Without being able to see, I cannot change the resolution and refresh rate (nvidia 8800GT connected through a DVI-HDMI cable-adaptor). How, oh God, can I see the light?.

My 22" 1650x1050 monitor died, and I just got a Dell 2550x1550 new one. But it only says "this monitor is incompatible with this resolution" and wont let me see nothing. Without being able to see, I cannot change the resolution and refresh rate (nvidia 8800GT connected through a DVI-HDMI cable-adaptor). How, oh God, can I see the light?.

Are you sure your video card supports the new much bigger resolution ?

Are you sure your video card supports the new much bigger resolution ?

Specs on a 8800 GT state max res of 2560x1600 which is what I am sure the OP means rather than 2550x1550.

Specs on a 8800 GT state max res of 2560x1600 which is what I am sure the OP means rather than 2550x1550.

I did think that yup. Theres also the question of that HDMI cable and whether it supports the full new resolution. I understand some of the cheaper quality ones dont.

I'd say try booting with nv_disable=1.

The nv_disable does not seem to work. I meant 2560x1440, 60Hz. The problem is that I do not see even the POST screen or the chimera boot screen. Must be a hardware (cable or graphics card) problem.

OK. After several cables not working I got a gigabyte GTX960, and connected my 2560x1440 dell monitor. The boot screens are visible, and the MAC OS gray screen too. But when it switches to the desktop, the monitor goes into power saving mode.

I have Yosemite with the last nvidia web drivers installed and selected. I can enter with nv_disable=1, but I cannot switch to the normal graphics accelerated mode!!!.

Please, help!.

OK. After several cables not working I got a gigabyte GTX960, and connected my 2560x1440 dell monitor. The boot screens are visible, and the MAC OS gray screen too. But when it switches to the desktop, the monitor goes into power saving mode.

I have Yosemite with the last nvidia web drivers installed and selected. I can enter with nv_disable=1, but I cannot switch to the normal graphics accelerated mode!!!.

Please, help!.

Did you install the Nvidia Web drivers?

OK, figured it out. GraphicsEnabler=No for the GTX960. Working!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back