Contribute
Register

Cannot boot (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried those ports, no joy.
Requested info below, however, I have no Other or L/E folders

View attachment 434464View attachment 434465

Okay. The failure of your UniBeast installer to boot in one of the two black ports indicates that, if the BIOS is set correctly, then the USB stick itself isn't formatted or partitioned correctly, so will need checking.

As for the screengrabs :thumbup: They show that you have no port-limit removal patch in place. Probably no USBInjectAll - unless it is in Library/Extensions (which will be there on the main Sierra drive). Also no SSDT-UIAC is operational either. This means that all ports except one, are running as USB2.0 only.

You do not need the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext or the GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

So if that USB drive will not boot the motherboard, then it does not have an EFI partition/folder set up with Clover. There is nothing unusual about your hardware if it is the same as your profile.

:)

My only other thought it, I am creating the USB installer on my Sierra Hackintosh. Would it make any difference if I make it on my Macbook running Mojave?
And if creating it on my Macbook, should I format as APFS?

Last edited:
So, I tried creating the installer on my macbook, still won't boot.
I've now tried two computers, my Sierra hack and my Mojave macbook, 3 different USB sticks, so it must be my bios that needs addressing.

So, I tried creating the installer on my macbook, still won't boot.
I've now tried two computers, my Sierra hack and my Mojave macbook, 3 different USB sticks, so it must be my bios that needs addressing.

It may well be.

For sure you can create a UniBeast installer-drive and boot a Z170 successfully. Usually no problems for High Sierra, only older versions prior to El Capitan might be problematic.

Ok, I have now tried everything that I can think of, I have removed every device from my motherboard, (apart from keyboard), even the GPU and running on internal graphics. Set bios as per install guide, (loaded optimised defaults and altered as per guide) Checked that the USB works in another PC, (it does), tried it in every USB port on my MB and all I get is
"Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"
I really am at a loss as to what to do now.
I did wonder whether a usb 2 Pcie card might work.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Finally got it to work. It’s a known “feature” of gigabyte mobo’s. The workaround is to wait until the bios screen showing del and f12 goes off, then plug in the usb and hey presto, it boots from it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back