Contribute
Register

Cannot Boot without -x / unknown CPU model 0x3a

Status
Not open for further replies.
In BIOS disable VT-d and intel virtualization technology

Same problem here - brand new build (first one for me) with Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.1 F9 and i5-3570K. Doesn't seem to be a way to turn off VT-D. I don't think it is supported by the i5-3570K

the dart=0 flag is need for the i5 3570k as i have had this error and corrected it.if u need me to edit your org.chameleonboot.plist upload it and add any exta flags u need for booting.this file is located in the extra folder.i made a example if u want to check it out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 2.38.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 2.38.34 PM.png
    84 KB · Views: 1,248
the dart=0 flag is need for the i5 3570k as i have had this error and corrected it.if u need me to edit your org.chameleonboot.plist upload it and add any exta flags u need for booting.this file is located in the extra folder.i made a example if u want to check it out.

Thanks Stehor. I appreciate the help. I edited the org.chameleonboot.plist but to no avail. See attached.

Any other suggestions? Seems like quite a few people are having the unrecognized CPU problem.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    652 bytes · Views: 483
Any other suggestions? Seems like quite a few people are having the unrecognized CPU problem

i would suggest to the people that they done all the proper steps as in correct smbios example ivy cpus i5 MacMini6,1 i7 6,2
add SSDT.aml and DSDT.aml to extra folder and check pjalm repo for your mobo patches

I already told u that _warning_ just means your running Sandy Bridge Power Management on an Ivy Bridge CPU. If you want that _warning_ gone then use a Ivy sysdef and SSDT.

I already told u that _warning_ just means your running Sandy Bridge Power Management on an Ivy Bridge CPU. If you want that _warning_ gone then use a Ivy sysdef and SSDT.
Thanks PJALM,
How do I find the correct SSDT for my i7-3770? I keep running into this thread, but I can't make sense of it. See my thread if needed, I am using sys def imac13,1.

Well for one, the iMac13,x sysdef dosn't work yet. That thread you found is correct. Use Pike's script to make a SSDT.

I hate to bump this thread but im in a bit of a jam. I'm on a ga-h77-ds3h with a Celerom G530 and gt 640. Everything was working fine even sleep, until i swapped out the g530 for an Ivy Bridge i5 3550 and it wont boot saying the "Unknown CPU" error. I t wont boot with -x. I turned off vD-T and made sure everything in bios was correct.
I have changed my sys def from Mac Pro 3,1 to Mini 6,1 and 6,2 and made an SSDT. Now the system boots, but it only lasts for about 10 minutes before the OS completely freezes without a kernel panic.

i5 3550
ga-h77-ds3h
gt-640

thank you all

edit: disregard my signature those are my old systems

bump anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back