Contribute
Register

Cannot boot without UniBeast, help me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68XP-UD4
CPU
Graphics
GTX580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Cannot boot without UniBeast, I've tried MacMan's guide. Help!

So, I've been going for pretty much 40 hours straight trying to get this thing working. :headbang: I've almost reached my goal but I'm not there just yet and I'm hoping for someone here to be wise and able to help.

I've followed this guide all the way and after many bumps I finally managed to get Mountain Lion going (I'm actually using the very computer, and the very Mountain Lion, right now.).

At the moment I haven't yet run MultiBeast because I simply don't wanna ruin anything. This is my forth time re installing this OS and I'm getting tired of it.. :thumbdown:

My problem:
After installing the OS on my 1TB Seagate drive, I'm going to the DSDT database to find mine. Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (F6) is downloaded along with MultiBeast and I place them both on my desktop. I rename the DSDT to just "DSDT.aml" and start MB.

I choose to go with the "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" and I've tried adding both the ALC889 drivers and w/o. (Don't think that has anything to do with my problem though.)

After I reboot I get the famous: "Boot0: Error" and I've tried to follow the guide provided by MacMan but it won't help. It gets my through the booting error, but I now reach a grey screen, with a dark apple, which won't go away.

Is there anyone who has a clue of what I'm supposed to try next? Since my Mac Book have faded away I really want to be able to use my Logic again.

My Specs
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
CPU: Intel i7 2600k
GPU: MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 580
RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Thanks for now, and I hope someone is able to help!

Did you also select the bootloader to be installed?
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 8.15.13 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back