Contribute
Register

Cannot boot without npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 (Already in .plist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi guys,

I've nearly finished getting my x99 hack running smoothly, but I'm having a kernel flag issue..
The system won't boot into Yosemite unless I type these kernel flags at startup:

ncpi=0x2000
nvda_drv=1

I've already added them to my chameleon.boot.plist so I'm not sure what the issue is..

Does anyone have any tips?

Background info:

Asus x99-A 3
Asus GTX 980 ti
RipJaws DDR4 32GB

What I did so far: (Guide from Amad3us)

• Created USB Installation drive for Yosemite 10.10.5 using UniBeast
  • Patched the Kernel of that Installation drive using the Code provided here: Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10
  • Added VoodooTSCSync.kext (6 core) to /Extra/Extensions on the UniBeast stick
  • Copied the MultiBeast installer to the USB drive

• Booted the UniBeast stick using npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v to install OS X to an GUID formatted SSD (from now on described as Yosemite SSD)
  • After installation I booted the UniBeast stick again using npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v to copy the kernel patch from the UniBeast stick over to the Yosemite SSD
  • I then booted from the UniBeast stick to my Yosemite SSD using npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -x -v again
  • I installed the appropriate Nvidia Web driver (10.10.5 (14F27) 346.02.03f01) for my GTX 980 Ti and after rebooting using npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f -x -v to the Yosemite SSD I could confirm that the card was recognized in the "About this mac" overview

• I didn't copy over my installation to an MBR formatted drive as I read somewhere that the ASUS X99-A motherboards were capable of booting from GUID
  • I then did the post install using MultiBeast with the following settings:

• DSDT Free (Sets a lot of settings, didn't change them)
  • Drivers Disk - 3rd party sata / intel generic AHCI Sata / Trim Enabler 10.10.x
  • Drivers Misc - USB 3.0 Generic / Voodoo TSync 6 core (For it to detect all 6 cores)
  • Drivers Network - AppleIntelE1000e (latest version, not sure which one exactly)

I also deleted IOBluetoothfamily.kext because I couldn't boot at all without deleting it.

Please let me know if you have any tips.
Thanks!!

Motherboard
Asus Z97i plus
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Here my bootlist, it's not perfect but working for me:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>kext-dev-mode=1 -force64 npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 dart=0 nvda_drv=1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>SystemType</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>LoginToLion</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseNvidiaROM</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I found program Chameleon Wizard be helpful

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks for your reply.

Although, I have completely different hardware so I'm not sure it will be very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.