Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SYSTEM SPECS:
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H (F14)
Intel i7 3770K
NVIDIA GTX 680
System Definition: iMac 13,2
———————————
Updating from 10.9 to 10.12, I decided to do a fresh install, everything went smoothly with the install, but I am not able to boot using either the default graphics drivers or the NVIDIA Web Drivers. My card should be supported by the default drivers as it was in 10.9.

When booting with the default graphics drivers, everything goes normal until the moment when the login screen would normally appear. However the screen goes to black, and my monitor says no signal. I've seen a thread regarding this here, which seems to fit all the issues I'm having even though I'm not using the stated system definitions so I gave the AGDPfix.app a try to no avail. I've also tried every input in the graphics card with no difference.

When I boot with the NVIDIA Web Drivers enabled (I've tried both System Parameters / NvidiaWeb and nvda_drv=1) the boot process stops halfway. In verbose mode it stops at this location every time.

zOlanAX.jpg

I've attached a zip of my current EFI partition.

If anyone has any answers / suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.1 MB · Views: 123
SYSTEM SPECS:
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H (F14)
Intel i7 3770K
NVIDIA GTX 680
———————————
Updating from 10.9 to 10.12, I decided to do a fresh install, everything went smoothly with the install, but I am not able to boot using either the default graphics drivers or the NVIDIA Web Drivers. My card should be supported by the default drivers as it was in 10.9.

When booting with the default graphics drivers, everything goes normal until the moment when the login screen would normally appear. However the screen goes to black, and my monitor says no signal. I've seen a thread regarding this here, which seems to fit all the issues I'm having even though I'm not using the stated system definitions so I gave the AGDPfix.app a try to no avail. I've also tried every input in the graphics card with no difference.

When I boot with the NVIDIA Web Drivers enabled (I've tried both System Parameters / NvidiaWeb and nvda_drv=1) the boot process stops halfway. In verbose mode it stops at this location every time.

zOlanAX.jpg

NVIDIA GTX 680

• Change System Definitions to iMac 14,2
  • Use nvidia Web driver for your nVidia GTX 680.

SYSTEM SPECS:
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H (F14)
Intel i7 3770K
NVIDIA GTX 680
———————————

zOlanAX.jpg

hi steezy i you have done a very common mistake
1- great if you reinstall mac os on your pc ( NOTE BOOT ONLY WITH NV_DISABLE=1)
2-download multibeast install fake smc kext and plugins ..
2- choose correct system definitions if not sure iMac 14.2 is best
3-install latest version of clover boot loader on hdd
4-download clover configurator
5-NOW LETS WORK ON NVIDIA DRIVERS
6-(CHECK INJECT NVIDIA) IN CLOVER CONFIG ( VERY VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR CARD )
7-note if this does not work well still issue then
8-LET ( INJECT NVIDIA BE CHECKED)
9-install nvidia web drivers download from tonymac website
10-CHECK NVIDIA WEB IN CLOVER SYSTEM PARAMETERS !!!! ( DONT CHECK nvda_drv=1) does not work in sierra
11-reboot
12-if works great if doesnot work
13-means nvidia drivers are not loaded still
14-boot with nv_disable=1
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
15-problem no 4 on that page install
Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into your Library/Extensions folder with kext utility or other app
16- must boot now ,if not try different fixes
17-i mostly think its not nvidia issue its issue of fake smc kext and plugins
18-install drivers from clover configurator like osxaptio fix or other google according to cpu needs
17-check every thing about refi or legacy bios on forums be wise install best drivers, make sure you have installed right drivers from multibeast
18-HOPE IT WORKS CHECK CPU COMPABILITY ( BIOS SETTING ARE CORRECT !!!!!!!) MOTHERBOARD DSSDT IF NECESSARY OR RIGHT UEFI DRIVER FROM CLOVER
19-MUST WORK
20-BEST IS TO SEARCH ABOUT SOME WHO HAS ALREADY HACINTOSHED SIMILAR SYSTEM ON SIERRA
21-GOODLUCK have a good day bye

Attachments

• aaaa.png
    aaaa.png
    372.4 KB · Views: 794
  • ABC.png
    ABC.png
    447.9 KB · Views: 756
  • mm.png
    mm.png
    446.8 KB · Views: 750
  • XYZ.png
    XYZ.png
    432.5 KB · Views: 642
hi steezy i you have done a very common mistake
1- great if you reinstall mac os on your pc ( NOTE BOOT ONLY WITH NV_DISABLE=1)
2-download multibeast install fake smc kext and plugins ..
2- choose correct system definitions if not sure iMac 14.2 is best
3-install latest version of clover boot loader on hdd
4-download clover configurator
5-NOW LETS WORK ON NVIDIA DRIVERS
6-(CHECK INJECT NVIDIA) IN CLOVER CONFIG ( VERY VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR CARD )
7-note if this does not work well still issue then
8-LET ( INJECT NVIDIA BE CHECKED)
9-install nvidia web drivers download from tonymac website
10-CHECK NVIDIA WEB IN CLOVER SYSTEM PARAMETERS !!!! ( DONT CHECK nvda_drv=1) does not work in sierra
11-reboot
12-if works great if doesnot work
13-means nvidia drivers are not loaded still
14-boot with nv_disable=1
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
15-problem no 4 on that page install
Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into your Library/Extensions folder with kext utility or other app
16- must boot now ,if not try different fixes
17-i mostly think its not nvidia issue its issue of fake smc kext and plugins
18-install drivers from clover configurator like osxaptio fix or other google according to cpu needs
17-check every thing about refi or legacy bios on forums be wise install best drivers, make sure you have installed right drivers from multibeast
18-HOPE IT WORKS CHECK CPU COMPABILITY ( BIOS SETTING ARE CORRECT !!!!!!!) MOTHERBOARD DSSDT IF NECESSARY OR RIGHT UEFI DRIVER FROM CLOVER
19-MUST WORK
20-BEST IS TO SEARCH ABOUT SOME WHO HAS ALREADY HACINTOSHED SIMILAR SYSTEM ON SIERRA
21-GOODLUCK have a good day bye

Thank you for your help, however none of those suggestions made any difference to what I'm experiencing. Does anyone else have any suggestions for me?

Thank you for your help, however none of those suggestions made any difference to what I'm experiencing. Does anyone else have any suggestions for me?

I don't know what the rise with sierra my gt 610 also had the same issue in sierra it always booted to black screen .....
fermi cards have some issue in sierra ..... i might suggest to use el capitan 10.11.6 it will work great with your gpu without issues don't worry apple is providing security patches to both yosmiti and el capitan you will be safe on these os too....

i mostly think your card must work with nvidia drivers or default os x drivers

i saw your efi you have installed some dsdt patches and fixes i recommend to create a clean os sierra using unibeast usb also use latest version of clover ... don't apply any fixes like ssdt or dssdt patches to the unibeast usb ..... just enable nvda_drv=1
kext developer =1 also just paste fake SMC and fake SMC PLUGINS !!! plugins only in efi kext other folder .... also select nvidia inject true in unibeast installer or clover config
IF YOU ARE ABLE TO BOOT INTO UNIBEAST USB WITH FULL GRAPHICS ACCELERATION ......PLEASE DONT APPLY ANY OTER FIXES IN UNIBEAST USB ...
if you gpu boots then you gpu is surely supported then there must be a issue with you dsdt patches or kext patches
let me know if pc boots into unibeast usb .....
if it boots install mac os sierra don't patch dsdt
if you get a fixed cursor in unibeast usb then no luck
THANK YOU LET ME KOW IF YOU BOOTED IN UNIBEAST USB WITHOW MUCH FIXES

Update:
10.11.6 is working just fine with the default graphics card drivers, however I am unable to boot using the NVIDIA Web Drivers. I am running 10.11.6 (15G1421) with NVIDIA Web Driver: 346.03.15f07. As explained above, when I boot with the option nvda_drv=1 (or the system params / NvidiaWeb) my screen goes to black and my monitor loses signal. My system definition is iMac 13,2 so the AGDPfix should not apply in this case. Any help is appreciated.

Also, if a mod sees this please move to Post Installation / Graphics as my needs have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back