Contribute
Register

Cannot Boot Months After Successful Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I don't know how I missed this before. I am getting "busy timeout[0], (240s_, kextd wait(0): "AppleACPICPU" once I get past the lilu kext error. What really has me stumped as that I get this even when trying to boot from a recovery USB.

I am uploading a video of the boot process, in case it can help out in any way. It seems as though I get the same errors no matter what drive I boot from, but I can upload another video if it is needed.

Alright, I don't know how I missed this before. I am getting "busy timeout[0], (240s_, kextd wait(0): "AppleACPICPU" once I get past the lilu kext error. What really has me stumped as that I get this even when trying to boot from a recovery USB.
Make sure you have the FakeSMC.kext in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition of your Recovery USB.

Make sure you have the FakeSMC.kext in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on the EFI partition of your Recovery USB.
I used Multibeast and I am not finding an EFI folder as much as that doesn't make sense.

**Edit** I don't have access to a working Mac at the moment so I'm not sure how to mount the EFI partition. I can browse the files, but only through an Ubuntu usb boot drive. I am going to attatch the FakeSMC file from the SSD inside the hackintosh. Is there a way to disable this or is there no way around it? I have spent a few hours googling and trying different combos of boot args to no avail.

Attachments

• FakeSMC.kext-20180321T220804Z-001.zip
    33 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Turns out mounting the partition was super simple.
Here is the FakeSMC From the new multibeast boot drive

Attachments

• FakeSMC.kext-20180321T221119Z-001.zip
    33 KB · Views: 59
What is the purpose of attaching your FakeSMC.kext ?
I dunno lol? I am trying to find help and I am not sure 100% what I am doing. Maybe something is wrong with the file and someone else can tell me what the issue is.

Here is the config.plist you asked for before.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 210
IHere is the config.plist you asked for before.
Your config.plist is a joke - No prospect of it working.

Try this edited version and report (any) progress :

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.5 KB · Views: 220
Thank you kindly for the edited config file. I removed the old config.plist and placed the copy you supplied in the same directory. I am still unable to boot into mac os unfortunately. The text scrolls much faster than before, so I took another video so I could go back over it slower and try to make sense of it. You could probably guess that I had no idea what I was looking for though.

Also, an option to boot into windows is now showing in clover for some reason. I haven't changed any other files or inserted any additional boot drives.

If it isn't going to take too much time would you mind giving me a hint as to what was wrong with my original config file? I am really trying to learn how this works so I can properly troubleshoot myself.

Here is the video if you would like to take a look.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 225
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back