Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I purchased a hackintosh computer and the guy who built it apparently used this website to make it. I know almost nothing about the process and I've managed to screw something up. For awhile I had Windows 7 alongside OSX and used chameleon to choose between the two. I then decided to install linux. Long story short, grub seems to have taken over as the bootloader and chameleon is nowhere to be found. When I try to run osx from grub, it starts booting then says "still waiting for root device" and gets stuck there. I've tried using iboot and rboot but neither my mac osx partition nor my linux partition shows up on either of them.

I don't want to end up having to reinstall OSX because I have a lot of expensive software on there that came with the computer that I won't be able to get back. And again I have no idea what I'm doing. Is there any way to fix this? thanks for the help!

I set the mac partition as the only active drive and it didn't work. It still loaded grub which is still incapable of loading osx. I might also add that I have osx and linux on one hard drive, and windows on a separate one.

Ok, do from reading what seems to have happened is grub wrote itself to the mbr replacing chameleon. So I need to reinstall chameleon to the mbr but I cannot boot into osx. So I either need to get rboot to work or figure out how to install chameleon without Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back