i3 6100
Graphics
HD 530, MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Pardon me for a very newbie question, but this is my 1st Hack and I'm really at a loss. I searched the forums for solutions and can't find any -- or maybe they're staring me right in the face but I just don't know how to go about implementing them.

My setup:
- MSI H110M gaming
- i3 6100, HD 530
- 8GB RAM dual channel kit

What I've already done:
- Successfully installed Sierra using UEFI clover install and Multibeast (following the installation guide)
- Sierra can already boot without USB installer
- Proceeded to install Windows 10 on a separate drive (following Multibooting guide)
- removed sata cable for Seirra drive, formatted Win10 using Disk Utility via USB installer
- installed Win10 (via USB installer GPT, UEFI, fat32), completed it and ran windows update
- did the mandatory windows restarts, then shutdown
- disabled legacy booting in BIOS (Boot Mode Select: UEFI only), disabled fast boot, saved, shutdown
- reconnected sata for Sierra
- changed boot option to boot Sierra instead of Win10

The situation now:
- Can boot to clover (have the following options:
- Boot Windows from (dunno what this is)
- Boot Mac OS X from Sierra
- Boot Recovery from Recovery HD
- Boot Microsoft EFI boot from EFI
- booting win10 is okay
- blackscreen error while booting Sierra :( -- attached screenshot
- then after a few seconds it will restart back to clover
- already tried selecting (-v), (-x), and (nv_disable=1) in clover boot options, still the same (i really dont know what the other options are for, thus I didn't further experiment)

Thanks everyone in advance for the help, everybody has been really helpful and nice. My experience with the community has been really pleasant so far and I appreciate you guys taking time helping out newbies like me.

Photo Mar 17, 10 37 03 AM.jpg

My original Post:
" I noticed the reason why your Sierra boot failed was because of the line:
HID: legacy shim 2
<panic> "

This was an incorrect statement. I should have not assumed that I knew this error.

However, changing the Bios boot mode setting from UEFI only to Legacy+UEFI helped solve dual booting issues for me (for the MSI H110 gaming motherboard).

Last edited:
I noticed the reason why your Sierra boot failed was because of the line:
Not correct.
Backtrace to kext causing the KP clearly shows it is the graphics causing the problem.

This is not a problem caused by dual booting. Suggest you disconnect the Windows drive and trouble shoot the Mac OS drive to get it working properly before reconnecting the Windows drive.

See the pinned guide in this forum - did you do the steps in the paragraph before the Windows installation section?

I noticed the reason why your Sierra boot failed was because of the line:
<panic>

This implies that you need to change the Bios boot mode setting from UEFI only to Legacy+UEFI. (This is the setting I have selected on my H110M motherboard and dual booting works)

Source:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/prohibited-logo-when-booting-sierra-installer.197796/page-2

Thank You! If ever you're in Singapore let me know, I'll take you out for drinks!
Dunno why, but that worked
-- BIOS/UEFI > Advanced > Windows OS Config > Win8.1/10 WHQL Support > Disabled
-- The above changes Boot mode select to > Legacy+UEFI
-- And now I can boot both Win10 and Sierra in Clover Bootloader

I'll be trying the Audio fix you replied earlier. Thanks again.

Cheers!

Not correct.
Backtrace to kext causing the KP clearly shows it is the graphics causing the problem.

This is not a problem caused by dual booting. Suggest you disconnect the Windows drive and trouble shoot the Mac OS drive to get it working properly before reconnecting the Windows drive.

See the pinned guide in this forum - did you do the steps in the paragraph before the Windows installation section?

Hello GB, Bob's suggestion actually worked for me for some reason.
Yes, I did follow your pinned guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi-on-separate-drives.198869/) to the letter. The only deviation done was Sierra was installed first.

Do let me know if I need to run some extra steps to make Sierra stable (though pls be patient with me as I am really new to this), I'm eager to learn the craft deeper.

Thank you again for taking time in looking at and replying to my post, I really do appreciate it.

Will be trying to fix my on-board audio now and try to get my monitor's speakers work via on-board hdmi.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back