Motherboard
Asus P8H61-M LX R2.0
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
RX 580
Hi,

i have dual boot windows 10 + high sierra 10.13.5

suddenly it wont boot into clover and directly boot into windows (but its error and ask to repair)
I tried to boot into clover using usb stick, and its work! but when load mac os ,it gave me stop sign. tried once again, still got same stop sign.
then i boot to mac os using -v and safe mode, ive got "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)"

i have no idea why its happen, any suggestion?

Seems like your boot script is corrupt - try this, remove the sata or power cable from the Windows disk and try booting with just the OS X disk, if you're still getting the error, boot off the USB drive by hitting the F12 key or equivalent to your system, this should enable you to reach the desktop. If you managed to reach the desktop from the USB drive, just swop out the EFI folder from that drive with the one in the EFI partition on the OS X drive. Good luck.

Seems like your boot script is corrupt - try this, remove the sata or power cable from the Windows disk and try booting with just the OS X disk, if you're still getting the error, boot off the USB drive by hitting the F12 key or equivalent to your system, this should enable you to reach the desktop. If you managed to reach the desktop from the USB drive, just swop out the EFI folder from that drive with the one in the EFI partition on the OS X drive. Good luck.

Hi esafeddie, thanks for your reply.
my windows and mac is on same drive, i tried to boot using usb stick, but it gave me stop sign when try to load mac os :(

Hi esafeddie, thanks for your reply.
my windows and mac is on same drive, i tried to boot using usb stick, but it gave me stop sign when try to load mac os :(

When I first got into the Hackintosh scene, I too had both Windows and OS X on the same disk but this configuration was prone to problems when ever there was an update to either operating systems by cross corruption or the boot script would get compromise causing the p/c refusing to boot. I suspect this is exactly what has happened to your machine.

I suggest try to rebuild the windows boot partition, remove OS X to regain that partition to windows, or if it's a large drive use it as a storage drive for windows anything but an OS X/Windows sharing drive. Now with all that being said, buy another drive and install OS X, it's by far the best way to dual boot OS X and Windows. It will save you a world of hurt in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back