Contribute
Register

Cannot boot into El Capitan installer from usb. (Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a stupid question but what exactly is QE/CI, and I meant semi-perfect since most simple tasks like opening safari or finder has no lag but some bugs are present as you said. Also just a question is it possible to get my built in wifi card to work (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165). I have been reading that Intel wifi cards aren't supported at all but I just wanted to see If there is any work around for it. I will post the IOregestry file in a little bit, just gotta do it now.

Edit: I believe this is the file View attachment iMac.ioreg

This might be a stupid question but what exactly is QE/CI, and I meant semi-perfect since most simple tasks like opening safari or finder has no lag but some bugs are present as you said.

QE = Quartz Extreme (graphics accelerator)
CI = Core Image (basic device-specific graphics framebuffer)

Your ioreg shows neither working (wrong ig-platform-id, no expectation it will work with a value intended for Ivy Bridge).

Also just a question is it possible to get my built in wifi card to work (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165). I have been reading that Intel wifi cards aren't supported at all but I just wanted to see If there is any work around for it. I will post the IOregestry file in a little bit, just gotta do it now.

Intel WiFi not supported. Read FAQ.

Thanks for the quick response, just to be sure do I change the CPUID to Ivy Bridge ID to enable QE/CI. Also I may just be doing it wrong but I cant seem to make the OS X drive bootable with clover, I still am having to boot off of the USB. I tried with just the basic clover and used the same options as in your laptop guide for the USB and it just boots into windows. I also tried with MultiBeast and got the same thing. Also would this wifi USB work well and be a pretty straight forward install, chose it mainly due to size. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833114051CVF&Tpk=realtek usb

Thanks for the quick response, just to be sure do I change the CPUID to Ivy Bridge ID to enable QE/CI.

QE/CI has nothing to do with CPUID.

It has to do with ig-platform-id. Since there are no Apple products with Skylake integrated graphics, it is unlikely to work. The drivers are still very buggy.

Also I may just be doing it wrong but I cant seem to make the OS X drive bootable with clover, I still am having to boot off of the USB. I tried with just the basic clover and used the same options as in your laptop guide for the USB and it just boots into windows. I also tried with MultiBeast and got the same thing.

You need to install Clover to your HDD exactly the way you did for USB (including Clover/kexts, HFSPlus.efi, config.plist, etc)

Dual boot scenarios are covered in post #2 of the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Also would this wifi USB work well and be a pretty straight forward install, chose it mainly due to size. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833114051CVF&Tpk=realtek usb

USB WiFi not recommended. The user interface is poor and the drivers tend to cause instability, especially with sleep.

Ok thanks again. I fully understand that it will be very buggy with a USB WiFi adapter but would it work ?

Ok thanks again. I fully understand that it will be very buggy with a USB WiFi adapter but would it work ?

I've not acquired the ability to predict the future. But there are USB WiFi adapters with OS X drivers.

Haha thanks for the honesty, I think I remember seeing it on the forum so I might give it a try. Do you happen to have any .kexts for Realtek High Definition Audio ? The voodoo one in Multibeastdidn't seem to work for me.

I'm starting to get most things to work but still have a problem with installing clover to the OS X disk. I followed your guide for the USB but it doesn't seem to want to boot from the disk and requires me to use the installer usb. By the way I'm posting this from OS X:thumbup:.

I'm starting to get most things to work but still have a problem with installing clover to the OS X disk. I followed your guide for the USB but it doesn't seem to want to boot from the disk and requires me to use the installer usb. By the way I'm posting this from OS X:thumbup:.

What happens when you boot from your HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back