Graphics
9600GT 256mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have installed mavericks via unibeast USB and it requested that I format the drive to GUID before I could move forward with the install. I went on to install the kexts and the bootloader through multibeast, but when I try to boot it says " No boot device. Or device has failed." I installed a "distro" before with the MBR partition scheme and everything works perfect. Im trying to go with the tonymac method but can't figure it out.

I have installed mavericks via unibeast USB and it requested that I format the drive to GUID before I could move forward with the install. I went on to install the kexts and the bootloader through multibeast, but when I try to boot it says " No boot device. Or device has failed." I installed a "distro" before with the MBR partition scheme and everything works perfect. Im trying to go with the tonymac method but can't figure it out.

The GUID option is correct, however you need to select Format ==> Mac OS Extended ( Journaled )

If you do a clean install you have to go to Disk Utility during the install. It's in the top menu options ;)

GL & HF

The GUID option is correct, however you need to select Format ==> Mac OS Extended ( Journaled )

If you do a clean install you have to go to Disk Utility during the install. It's in the top menu options ;)

GL & HF

I did choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled). But, I will retry and post my results. Thank you.

Also, I was wondering what mac model I should choose to get sleep working.

I did choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled). But, I will retry and post my results. Thank you.

Also, I was wondering what mac model I should choose to get sleep working.

Have you tried to look at your boot sequence in the bios? Looks to me it is not looking at the OS X drive first.
Try that first before reinstall.

Have you tried to look at your boot sequence in the bios? Looks to me it is not looking at the OS X drive first.
Try that first before reinstall.

Yup, it's set to boot the Mac drive first. I even chose the drive manually and still doesn't work. It won't even let me boot the Unibeast drive. It will only let me boot an MBR partitioned drive. Maybe a glitch with the bios trying to boot GUID in legacy since it's a UEFI bios? I managed to get Mavericks installed and updated to 10.9.5 with everything except for power management. (Any thoughts on that by the way?) But, if possible I would rather use the TonyMac method.

Unplug all your drives except the one you want to install OSX to and let us know if it makes a difference.

good luck

No luck. It seems my bios just doesn't want anything to do with the GUID partition. Like I said my drive with the distro on MBR boots perfectly fine. Is there a way to use the unibeast method with MBR? What is the difference between using GUID vs MBR for hackintosh?

It seems to be working now. Thank you! Now how should I go about getting sleep to work? What Mac Model should I choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back