Contribute
Register

Cannot boot Catalina Installer with OpenCore or Clover UEFI on an HP Elitebook 840 G6! Please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 840 G6 (Clover UEFI)
CPU
i5-8365U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey everyone, I'm at a loss. I cannot seem to start the installer for MacOS Catalina. I have tried Open Core and Clover. I have tried using the guide from the boot with Open Core using the recovery method and downloading the full version. I have also tried using the Clover guide. I will attach the EFI's from Open Core and Clover. Open Core gets stuck trying to boot the installer and Clover has a KP. Here are my specs:

HP Elitebook 840 G6:

Intel Core i5-8365u
Intel UHD 620 (Whiskey Lake Mobile)
32GB DDR4 2400Mhz RAM
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB (Has latest firmware as of checking.)
Intel Wifi 6 AX210 Card
Intel i219 Gigabit Ethernet
Intel/Realtek High Definition Audio

If there are any tips or anything else I can try, please let me know. Any help would be appreciated. It has been a while since I was in the Hackintosh game and I'm sure there is something I am missing. The goal is to install Ventura, but need to install Catalina to map USB correctly. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Open Core EFI.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 40
  • Debug EFI.zip
    20.4 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm at a loss. I cannot seem to start the installer for MacOS Catalina. I have tried Open Core and Clover. I have tried using the guide from the boot with Open Core using the recovery method and downloading the full version. I have also tried using the Clover guide. I will attach the EFI's from Open Core and Clover. Open Core gets stuck trying to boot the installer and Clover has a KP. Here are my specs:

HP Elitebook 840 G6:

Intel Core i5-8365u
Intel UHD 620 (Whiskey Lake Mobile)
32GB DDR4 2400Mhz RAM
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB (Has latest firmware as of checking.)
Intel Wifi 6 AX200 and the 210 on the way.
Intel i219 Gigabit Ethernet
Intel/Realtek High Definition Audio

If there are any tips or anything else I can try, please let me know. Any help would be appreciated. It has been a while since I was in the Hackintosh game and I'm sure there is something I am missing. The goal is to install Ventura, but need to install Catalina to map USB correctly. Thanks in advance!
your opencore config.plist appears to be a config.plist for clover which won't work

maybe try fresh files from:

Thank you Feartech! I appreciate you looking into it and providing feedback. I went through revisions and I should have caught that. I have recreated a new recovery usb using that same guide and uploaded the latest files. It just gets stuck and does not progress after some time. In the mean time, I did get the Intel AX210 WiFi card and installed it. I will add the screen grab as well. Please let me know if there is anything I can add or change. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Newest OC.zip
    22.6 MB · Views: 58
  • 7248DCAE-E3B9-4862-B044-D79D6F0DF18C.jpeg
    7248DCAE-E3B9-4862-B044-D79D6F0DF18C.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 40
Thank you Feartech! I appreciate you looking into it and providing feedback. I went through revisions and I should have caught that. I have recreated a new recovery usb using that same guide and uploaded the latest files. It just gets stuck and does not progress after some time. In the mean time, I did get the Intel AX210 WiFi card and installed it. I will add the screen grab as well. Please let me know if there is anything I can add or change. Thanks in advance!
remove:
IO80211Family.kext

also disable AirportItlwm.kext as that seems to be causing you some issues on your screen grab

remove:
IO80211Family.kext

also disable AirportItlwm.kext as that seems to be causing you some issues on your screen grab
I added that kext to get the intel WiFi working. I was following the guide for the airportitlwm.kext. I removed it and reattempted and uploaded the updated EFI files. Please let me know if there is anything I can do! Thanks again!

Attachments

• OC EFI 2.zip
    180 bytes · Views: 44
  • CE1C6A6D-082C-4EBB-810F-E095C01E4C30.jpeg
    CE1C6A6D-082C-4EBB-810F-E095C01E4C30.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 29
  • 4BB39731-64B0-492C-B31A-49D784CA8D04.jpeg
    4BB39731-64B0-492C-B31A-49D784CA8D04.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.