CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone :)

The Problem

What happens when I boot normally, is that the apple logo shows up, the loading bar gets up to about halfway then hangs infinitely. If I boot into verbose, I can see that it repeats this over and over: Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #.

What I've Tried Already

The only other mentions of this specific infinite loop that I could find were all solved by adding -disablegfxfirmware to the boot flags (though the guide I followed specifically says to remove this near the beginning). Unfortunately, that did not work for me. Booting with this flag causes the screen to turn black rather than going into the infinite loop. Booting with this flag as well as verbose and safe mode allows me to see that all of the normal stuff is happening up to a certain point, after which I see a few lines output very quickly, then it immediately goes to a black screen with no verbose text.

I haven't been able to find other cases in which -disablegfxfirmware causes a black screen, which is why I'm posting this in the first place

My Setup

I'm not sure if it'll show my account info here, so I'll add this just in case.

Model: Dell 7577
CPU: Intel i7-7700HQ (with HD630 iGPU)
GPU: Nvidia 1060 Max-Q
OS: Windows 10 / Mac OS Mojave (fully updated) dual-boot
SMBIOS: MacBook Pro 15,2

What I Did Immediately Before

As the title says, I can no longer boot after trying the first steps of getting GPU acceleration to work. I followed this guide for an Intel framebuffer patch using WhateverGreen. I followed the guide without much trouble, all the way to the bottom, where it was talking about Framebuffer patching types. I didn't understand this part much, so I followed the first example patch picture (this may have been where things went wrong).

PS

I will attach a picture of the verbose text as soon as I wake up, but unfortunately for right now, my phone's camera doesn't work and just before the screen turns black, a few lines of text appear way faster than I can read or capture them anyways. Also, I pressed F2 and F4 while in Clover, but I'm not sure what's supposed to happen, so I'm not sure if it did happen haha. Anyways, I've attached what I have for my Clover folder, after deleting the themes folder.

I would appreciate any help you guys can give, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Dell 7577 CLOVER (No Boot).zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 171
Does anyone have any ideas? @RehabMan? Sorry, I'm sure you're super busy, you're just the only name I've seen in basically every forum post I've seen.

@RehabMan? Sorry, I'm sure you're super busy, you're just the only name I've seen in basically every forum post I've seen.

You may have to wait a while, RehabMan is not here as often these days :

RHM.png

Hello everyone :)
I don't know about your model, but perhaps there're something may need to fix either.
  1. Using MBP15,2 is a bad choice since the CPU is "Kaby Lake" but you're trying to use SMBIOS which for "Coffee Lake" based model.
    Try using MBP14,1 instead.
  2. Try to delete few unnecessary kexts in CLOVER. Like AppleALC.
    And delete SATA-100-series-unsupported since you already have SATA-unsupported.
  3. Try mark AddPriperties at config.plist/Devices and add config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)/disable-external-gpu=01000000 (data)

Ok thanks for the suggestions! I'll try them out soon and let you know what happens. I am confused about the first point though, am I not using the SMBIOS for the Macbook Pro 15,2? If it is Kaby Lake, then that's right because my CPU is Kaby Lake.

Edit: Never mind, I understand now. The Macbook Pro 15,2 has a coffee lake processor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back