Contribute
Register

cannot access BIOS after graphics card install: GA-B75M-D3P and GTX 650 TI Boost SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B75M-D3P
CPU
Intel Core i5-3570K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 650 TI Boost
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
(Solved) cannot access BIOS after graphics card install: GA-B75M-D3P and GTX 650 TI Boost SC

Hi folks, please help me. When I boot my computer using HD4000 Graphics and graphicsenabler=yes my system boots in about 15 seconds and I can access the Bios (F4) on my GA-B75M-D3P. But when I plug my Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 TI Boost SC in I cannot access the Bios anymore. Before installation I changed "Initial Display First" to "PEG" and "graphicsenabler=no" in my "extra" folder. After booting I see the Gigabyte Screen, but neither "del" nor F9 and F12 work and the keyboard seems to be dead on every USB port. After about 45 seconds OSX boots not at all or sometimes normally. i flashed my bios to F6 and installed the NVIDIA drivers. Nothing is helping Has anyone ever had a similar issue? Please help me out with some tips. Edit: I flashed my BIOS to F6, installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers and put "PCIRootUID=0 nvda_drv=1 npci=0x3000" in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I don't know if in the BIOS "Init First Display" there is still PEG selected since I can't get in the BIOS. My keyboard (Apple USB wired) doesn't work in the GIGABYTE startup screen. Del, F9 and F12 don#t work. It does work when the graphics card (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 TI Boost SC) is not plugged in. HELP PLEASE. All I can do is wait for about one to two minutes until the system boots itself. There is no chance to use -v or anything similar. Edit: I solved the problem by exchanging the Gigabyte Card against a EVGA card. Everything works fine now.

I used it in the PCIe 16 slot and i have no space for another slot. But as I wrote in my Edit, I exchanged the Gigabyte card for an EVGA card and now everything works flawless.
but thank you anyway.

I am having the axact same issue with this card...Say it aint so! I dont want to go through all the hassle!

After exchanging the card I at first thought the problems were solved. But now I cannot reach BIOS on startup when the graphics card is plugged in, which is not too bad because i set everything up before and it works flawlessly, except for one strange thing.
Whenever I have to many USB (2) devices plugged in on boot up the computer only boots up to the bios start screen and then freezes. By hitting reset or unplugging a USB hard drive it will boot up normally in about 10 seconds.
strange things....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back