Contribute
Register

Can you turn Mac drive into Hackintosh drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this last night:

Lenovo 330S-15IKB i5

Will this Lenovo work for what I have in mind? Putting my existing SSD in there and have it setup and running with minimal hacking?

First post (registered to ask this question). Not sure if I'm supposed to create a new post or just continue here so I'll try this first.

I have an old MBP from 2008. It's getting so slow I am finally thinking of updating it a bit. I only use it for work and nothing too graphic intense so I don't need anything fancy or crazy powerful. Was looking at used MBP or Mac Minis, but seems like Hackintosh could potentially be a very affordable way to get great value.

I know nothing of Hackintosh (a complete newbie) so I'm confused by all the terms thrown around in the videos I've watched and articles I've read.

The current 2008 MBP was upgraded a bit with an SSD not too long ago and so I was hoping, if it's at all possible, to use that in a Hackintosh setup. If I can get an affordable computer and just swap my current SSD with Mac OS installed, would that work? I'm guessing it won't, but thought I'd ask.

If that won't work, is there a cheap Hackintosh setup that you'd recommend that would be equivalent of something like a 2015 MBP's spec?

Thank you kindly in advance for any thoughts or insights.
If you are used to laptops rather than desktops, suggest you read through some of the posts in the Laptop forum and find a suitable laptop that mostly works out-of-the-box for Mac OS. You can use your aging 2008 MBP to create a boot stick USB, move your MBP SSD to the laptop, boot the laptop with the USB, select the SSD Mac OS icon to boot at the Clover screen, then, once booted, install Clover to the SSD.

Thanks, G.Bald.
I will try to look through the laptop forum as you suggested. My goal is to find a suitable equivalent to 2015 MBP or so for a low price seeing that I might screw everything up as well as not needing a mega powerful machine in the first place. If you know of any, I'd appreciate any insights as well to help guide my search; and also if you have any thoughts on the Lenovo 330S-15IKB i5.

Truly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back