Contribute
Register

Can you prepare UniBeast on Leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
b08bydigital said:
So I guess this is a little misleading then, because, apparently, it does matter.

I have a new 4530s, and from what i understand, I have to already own (or know someone that does) a 10.6 machine or higher, in order to use this method of installing Lion on it?

You can't run UniBeast on Leopard, it will fail for whatever reason. I was using an Apple USB stick, not the .app installer, and you'd think it would work since it's only doing copy and edit operations, but no. It doesn't work.

Yeah, I was pulling my hair out for a while on this one!

I also have the USB stick.

So, what are my options? (Other than find a 10.6 or 10.7 OSX machine!)

Thanks!

b08bydigital said:
Yeah, I was pulling my hair out for a while on this one!

I also have the USB stick.

So, what are my options? (Other than find a 10.6 or 10.7 OSX machine!)

Thanks!

Those are your options finding a machine or buying SL. :yawn:

Thats all I was looking for, sorry to bore you or make you so angry, I was simply following the guide, which does mention the unmentionable, which is why I asked the question in the first place.

Yeah, I downloaded Lion from a friends' house, and thought I could get it to work on my 10.5.8 machine. I got the same error (failure to run post install scripts). I guess that it needs something from the 10.6 system folder (am I right?). Someone posted that "you need the USB stick from Apple", this wouldn't be true either (I don't think) if you are in the same boat as me. (A simple addition at the top of the instructions would help: "Must be done on a computer running 10.6 or 10.7"). But those that are familiar with Mac upgrades should probably realize that Apple wants it that way. :oops:

I am kind of disappointed that a clear response was not given in this thread (we are conditioned to think around problems, like not having the App Store). If I knew specifically, I would have simply created the USB when I was at my friends house! (or maybe it simply "shouldn't" be done this way?)

So, my advice: either use a friends' SL machine to make your USB (shouldn't take too long -the Unibeast DL is small) or start with Multi-beast and upgrade to Snow Leopard First.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back