Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I only have access to a PowerPC iBook running 10.5 Leopard, and a Latitude D600 also running 10.5 Leopard. Can I use either of those to prepare UniBeast?

Just asking because I've had UniBeast running on the D600 for at least 30 to 45 minutes now; the progress bar hasn't moved at all, but it is copying things to the USB drive.

EDIT: The postinstall script just failed. So I guess that's a no?

soren121 said:
I only have access to a PowerPC iBook running 10.5 Leopard, and a Latitude D600 also running 10.5 Leopard. Can I use either of those to prepare UniBeast?

Just asking because I've had UniBeast running on the D600 for at least 30 to 45 minutes now; the progress bar hasn't moved at all, but it is copying things to the USB drive.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2169jWJ6k[/VIDEO]

Definitely a no since the Apple Store is not available in Leopard.

soren121 said:

Better to get the USB stick version directly from Apple.

jester969 said:
Definitely a no since the Apple Store is not available in Leopard.
so Unibeast+Lion USB+10.5.8 is a no go too for creating the bootable USB?

I have a borrowed PowerBook G4

soren121 said:
Yeah, it's a no-go.
thank you

maybe a future release of Unibeast will check for this condition and alert the user

yoyo58 said:
soren121 said:
Yeah, it's a no-go.
thank you

maybe a future release of Unibeast will check for this condition and alert the user

The forum rules already state that we don't support any versions of OS X unless it's Snow Leopard or Lion.

The Mac App store isn't supported in Leopard so you can't download Lion at all either.

beelzebozo said:
yoyo58 said:
soren121 said:
Yeah, it's a no-go.
thank you

The forum rules already state that we don't support any versions of OS X unless it's Snow Leopard or Lion.

The Mac App store isn't supported in Leopard so you can't download Lion at all either.
okay, thanks, i appreciate it. looks like i need to read the rules again!

blueking said:
Guide for Installing Lion on HP Probook Laptops-Version 3. Includes the 4230s, 4330s, 4430s, 4530s, and 4730s.

Stuff you need-
  • A copy of Install Mac OS X Lion.app[/*:m:2ry7b9ut]
  • The installer attached to this post[/*:m:2ry7b9ut]
  • The latest Unibeast downloadable from here:TonyMacx86 Downloads[/*:m:2ry7b9ut]
  • A USB keyboard (if you really can't get one, read notes below for the alternate)[/*:m:2ry7b9ut]
  • Access to an OS X install, where the Install Mac OS X Lion.app is. Whether this is Lion or Snow Leopard, or Leopard, hackintosh or mac, it doesn't matter.[/*:m:2ry7b9ut]
  • A flash drive that can be formatted, anything over 8 gigs is fine.[/*:m:2ry7b9ut]

So I guess this is a little misleading then, because, apparently, it does matter.

I have a new 4530s, and from what i understand, I have to already own (or know someone that does) a 10.6 machine or higher, in order to use this method of installing Lion on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back